ISO Andouille Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmontg34

Cook
Hi all,

I have a couple leftover andouille sausages in the freezer that I'd like to cook soon. I'd rather not use them in jambalaya or gumbo so I'm looking for some new/creative recipes. Any ideas?

Ooh, mashed up with beans, onions and rice? Maybe in a tortilla, Mexican style, with salsa, cilantro, some crema, queso, using it like chorizo. Combine with ground beef or pork. With cheddar on a baked potato.

Or you could send it to me....and I will give it a good home! :chef:

Last edited:
That does look pretty good, and I'm always looking for new ways to make pork chops. Might have to add that to this weeks menu. Thanks!

That does look pretty good, and I'm always looking for new ways to make pork chops. Might have to add that to this weeks menu. Thanks!

Do you make your own andouille? That is what I thought you were looking for, a recipe to make andouille, when I saw the thread title. We make a large batch of andouille and tasso twice a year and freeze them.:yum:

No, I had bought some to make jambalya and only used 3 of the 5 sausages. I froze the other two and just wanted to try them out in something new. I would love to try my hand at sausage making, but I need to get a meat grinder first.

No, I had bought some to make jambalya and only used 3 of the 5 sausages. I froze the other two and just wanted to try them out in something new. I would love to try my hand at sausage making, but I need to get a meat grinder first.
Not always. I buy regular ground pork and make sausage patties. They can be quite nice.....

Alas no, I'm hoping to get one this year (a KA mixer). If worse comes to worse, I'll probably just buy a simple grinder and use it until I can upgrade.

The patties sound like a good idea, less work too. Could use them to make a Cajun breakfast sandwich...

I'm relatively new to New Orleans, (4 years), so I've been trying the various sausages available here.

Andouille is strong flavored and salty, not really suitable for straight eating, but I really like the flavors.

I've been using it mostly as a flavoring meat for all kinds of beans.

I think it's very like the hard chorizo, which I've been unable to find here (only the softer, greasier kind). It's really good in scrambled eggs with cheese, just use it sparingly. It's really salty.

Today I'm trying something new, using Andouille in a hash. Recipe to follow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom