ISO best oils for frying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oil for frying

In general, oils with higher smoke points. Corn, peanut, canola, and several others. For deep frying especially, buy inexpensive oil as you will need a lot of it.

I buy peanut oil for deep frying and extra virgin olive oil for everything else. Not saying it is ideal but I just don't want to try to keep a lot of different oils on hand so it's what I do.

Peanut oil for stir frying.

Canola oil for deep frying.

Light tasting olive oil for sautéeing.

Extra Virgin olive oil and dark sesame oil are for drizzling on flavor, not for frying.

You can use other oils such as vegetable oil, grape seed oil, rapeseed oil, palm oil, corn oil, sunflower seed oil, and on and on ad nauseum, but if you stock every conceivable oil there will be no room in the pantry for other things, like food!

Last edited:
Peanut oil for stir frying.

Canola oil for deep frying.

Light tasting olive oil for sautéeing.

Extra Virgin olive oil and dark sesame oil are for drizzling on flavor, not for frying.

You can use other oils such as vegetable oil, grape seed oil, rapeseed oil, palm oil, corn oil, sunflower seed oil, and on and on ad nauseum, but if you stock every conceivable oil there will be no room in the pantry for other things, like food!

#1.

Although I prefer grapeseed oil for sautéing.

I use a vegetable oil for frying. If ever do I do deep frying. So I use only use a minute amount for even frying. And I use Extra Virgin Oil for the table. I prefer to use the oven instead of the frying pan.

50% EVOO and 50% sunflower oil (is that canola chez vous?). For me it, produces great results.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Rapeseed oil, which same as canola oil, I use that, it has same health benefit as olive oil, so that is my preferred oil.

I get cold pressed for salad and normal pressed for frying.

Butter, for things like fried eggs.
Peanut oil for general frying. I don't deep fry anything anymore.
I wish I had bacon fat on hand more often. That shortage is easy enough to remedy
EVOO for most general frying if I am not using peanut oil. Sometimes a combo of butter and oil. I only keep one olive oil on hand at a time, not one for cooking and one for salads and one for finishing/ drizzling.
Sesame oil for flavoring.

Back
Top Bottom