ISO best price on mail order cocoa powder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
I am assembling some things to have shipped to China in a few weeks and am trying to find an online shop that sells baking cocoa powder: read discount, cheap, bargain but reasonable taste :ROFLMAO:

I have googled on this topic and keep getting only gourmet or organic products that sell for quite a bit. 2 years ago, in Portland Oregon, I bought cocoa powder in bulk in a supermarket for about US$2 a pound.

Any suggestions?

What's wrong with Hershey's? It has served Mexican, Canadian and American cooks and bakers for more than a century. For quality at an inexpensive price, it can't be beat!

Try Amazon if you want an online source, otherwise I agree with Selkie, pick up some Hershey's at the grocery store.

If Hershey's wont work (I actually really like Hershey's) have you checked out Penzy's? Their prices are reasonable, maybe not really cheap but the quality is there.

I like Penzeys but their cocoa is up to around $8 per pound.

Here an 8 oz. can of Hershey's is $3.29 a can, so that puts it around $6.60 a pound. So Penzy's at $7.50-$8.70 per pound isn't that much more expensive. Far less expensive than "gourmet brands", such as Droste wich comes in around $16-$18 per pound

Thanks! A friend of mine mentioned that he can get generic cocoa powder at his grocery store - bulk bins - for about $4 per pound :)

Back
Top Bottom