ISO Bleu Cheese Dipping Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ Mikey

Sous Chef
Looking to make a bleu cheese dipping sauce for buffalo wings. I have crumbled bleu but don't know how to make it creamy. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

I made some blue cheese sauce the other night for some wings I had. It tasted and looked a lot like the "Buffalo blues" wings a wing bar I used to frequent had, but I'm sure this isn't the official recipe:rolleyes:

I took some butter and some hot sauce and melted them together, about half and half. I then dumped in my crumbled blue cheese and was left in your situation.... it wasn't creamy. So I added just a little blue cheese salad dressing and it thickened right up. I imagine sour cream would work, too.
I have a picture around here somewhere..... probably in one of the "dinner tonight" threads.

Looking to make a bleu cheese dipping sauce for buffalo wings. I have crumbled bleu but don't know how to make it creamy. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
it's at home, I'm in Montana. will be home in a week, but if you still need it, I'll PM you with it. it's my MIL's famous, and I do mean famous, recipe. it's our kids' favorite, I tried to duplicate it for years until I finally broke down and asked............

Maybe I should just cave in and buy the dressing...I just wanted to be adventurous. I may try to mix blue with sour cream and then melt the two together....Not sure how that will turn out..

it's at home, I'm in Montana. will be home in a week, but if you still need it, I'll PM you with it. it's my MIL's famous, and I do mean famous, recipe. it's our kids' favorite, I tried to duplicate it for years until I finally broke down and asked............

Please do so!

Maybe I should just cave in and buy the dressing...I just wanted to be adventurous. I may try to mix blue with sour cream and then melt the two together....Not sure how that will turn out..

Don't buy the dressing - homemade is sooooooooo much better.

1 part mayo
1/2 ^ that much sour cream
1/2 ^ that much bleu cheese

a bit of cream or buttermilk to loosen it up, garlic powder. Salt and pepper to taste...a dash of lemon juice doesn't hurt either. It's got to sit for about a day for the flavors to really blend IMHO.

could I try that too? :angel:

I want it so I can do a side by side blind taste test againsts the Elf.

I will try elfs as well.
So let me get it straight...
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
1/8 cup bleu cheese?

I will try elfs as well.
So let me get it straight...
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
1/8 cup bleu cheese?

Yep - I also think the lemon juice and garlic powder are important.

I probably end up thinning quite a bit with buttermilk (if using as a dressing) and then adding more bleu also.

Here's the original recipe from Frank & Teresa's Anchor Bar, where Buffalo Wings originated:

Anchor Bar Bleu Cheese Dip

Equal amounts of KRAFT mayonnaise and Sour Cream ("Light" mayo and/or sour cream will not taste the same). Juice squeezed from one whole fresh Lemon (no concentrates). Pressed cloves of Garlic, to taste. 4oz Treasure Cave All Natural Bleu Cheese, from Beatrice Cheese Inc., Waukesha, Wisconsin...available in most Delis or grocery stores.

Mix all ingredients well & serve at room temp or chilled with celery and carrot sticks.*

* The bleu cheese dip is for the celery and carrot sticks, NOT the wings themselves!

This isn't going to help you but I made a dressing from a recipe in Bon Appetite about 2 years ago. I could look over my old mags but something tells me I would never find it. For whatever it's worth...it was great.

And I have seen folks (me included) dip their wings in the dressing. To each his own I guess.

I'm interested in any and all recipes, as I will make them all.

These are for wings and ESPECIALLY celery! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom