ISO: Cadbury sponge cake flour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubblygal

Assistant Cook
I would like to get cadbury sponge cake flour. Wonder if anyone can help me get it & post it to me? I will bear the cost of shipment.
Please drop me a PM.

A Cadbury Sponge Cake is just a recipe for a chocolate sponge cake that uses Cadbury's Bournville (dark) chocolate (some recipes use the cocoa powder version and some use solid slab chocolate) - although a similar dark chocolate can be substituted.

As for the flour - all you need is "cake flour", the brand isn't important (Cadbury doesn't make/sell flour) if that is what is called for in the recipe.

If you can't find cake flour there in Singapore you can use All-Purpose flour by substituting two or three tablespoons per cup with corn starch or potato flour. The easiest way to do this is to add the corn starch or potato slour to a 1 cup measuring cup and then spoon in the flour on top of it (that way when you scrape the flour on the top of the cup off to level it you're not mixing anything into the flour on top. After mixing and measuring you will want to sift it several times to make sure it is well mixed.

Shipping food products from one country to another country can have some problems, and serious consequences in some cases. The cake flour that I use is Swans Down - go to their page and click on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and send them an email and ask if they can ship you a box (they will know the Import/Export laws).

Hi thanks for the reply. I tries the cadbury flour myself & fall in love with it.
But i have tries other method to replace but the taste isn't the same.

Back
Top Bottom