ISO - Chicken Sausage Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Veri Similitude

Assistant Cook
among the cows and cotton fields of alabama
Seeking great recipes for homemade chicken sausage (in other words, to make the sausage, not to USE it) ... suggestions? Using boneless chicken thighs in the grinder, which seem to have just enough fat to keep the meat moist with a little added veg. First attempt had minced fresh fennel, poblano pepper, apple and cilantro added in 1/2 veg and 1/2 meat proportion. It was killer.

Got any others?

do you remember if it was links in casing or bulk/patties? i need to acquire the proper equipment for links. i found that the local 'earth fare' (a health food grocery store in this region) will sell me casings as needed, but haven't gotten that far yet. i think it will hold together better with the casing/links. with so much vegetable matter (fruit/veg) in it, it's a little harder to keep in one piece, but once seared does fine in holding together. whether sandwiches, biscuit filling, chopped for tortilla filling, stir fry, soup --- very versatile.

If you are going to stuff your own sausage a good stuffer make a world of difference. I got this one recently and it is wonderful...

Back
Top Bottom