ISO couscous help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irishsmiles

Assistant Cook
Hey,
basically I have cous cous and a few ingredients but wondering which works better with this.
I have 2 chicken fillets
mixed herbs
coriander
Chickpeas
Curry powder
red onion
mushroom
celery
Courgette
ground pepper
sea salt
carrot
paprika
lemon
limes

Any wonder meals can be made from that?

Hey,
basically I have cous cous and a few ingredients but wondering which works better with this.
I have 2 chicken fillets
mixed herbs
coriander
Chickpeas
Curry powder
red onion
mushroom
celery
Courgette
ground pepper
sea salt
carrot
paprika
lemon
limes

Add sauteed mushrooms, diced red onion, herbs & some lemon juice to the cooked couscous, and stuff the eggplant (eggplant boat or rollatini style), i.e.

Vegan Eggplant Rollatini Stuffed with Couscous and Pine Nuts | Veggie Belly | Vegetarian Recipe

Wow. Any of these would be good, but all will be too much. First chop or thinly slice the chicken. I usually reconstitute the couscous in chicken broth (which usually negates the need for the salt). Because you have an embarassment of riches here, I'd recommend using whatever is most likely to go bad; in my house it would be the courgette and/or the mushrooms. We love both, but they don't have as long a shelf life as some other vegs). Onions go into everything, period. If you have a curry powder you like, then the other herbs will be superfluous and the curry powder probably contains coriander. You won't taste them above the curry powder. Anyway, stir fry (sautee, pretty much the same thing) the chicken, onions, and mushrooms/courgette (for those who know it by another name, zuchini) with the spices (choose the curry powder or the others) in a little oil. Then toss in water or broth, and couscous. Lower flame (or in my case, an electric burner, I just turn it off) and cover until the couscous is rehydrated.

If your chick peas are canned, they can go in any time or be saved for another meal.

I don't see where you're from. If the coriander is the fresh leaves (as opposed to the dried seeds), then you put them in right before serving. A rough chop. Ditto the lemon or lime, a touch of juice and maybe a julienne of some skin. These all give a fresh, bright flavor that is best put in at the end (OK, just my opinion).

If you happen to have some dried fruit (raisins, dates, etc) and nuts (pistachios, almonds or pine nuts in particular) toss in a hand full.

Just before serving, take two forks and toss and fluff. Taste to see if it needs salt, pepper or heat to your taste.

This is probably one of my husband's favorite dishes.

Last edited:
Hey,
I have 2 chicken fillets
mixed herbs
coriander
Chickpeas
Curry powder
red onion
mushroom
celery
Courgette
ground pepper
sea salt
carrot
paprika
lemon
limes

I would take some curry powder, paprika, sea salt, pepper and some olive oil and a dash of lemon and marinate the chicken fillets. Just place them in a ziplock pkt and add everything and rub into the chicken.

Grill or pan fry the fillets.

Then I would cook the cous cous. Fry some finely chopped carrots and onions with a dash of paprika salt and pepper. Stir that into the cous cous and add a bit of lemon or lime zest for a bit of zing and a handful of chopped herbs.

Maybe stuff the mushrooms with some of those herbs and cheese and grill to go with it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom