ISO Cream Cheese Dinner Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilianblythe

Assistant Cook
Today I realised I have a tub of cream cheese in my fridge that got left over from my birthday party. The only thing I can think to do with it is to chuck it into some risotto. Anyone else have some wonderful ideas for cream cheese (dinner wise)? :ermm:

Having to watch my sugar level, I will mix cream cheese with "simply fruit" preserves and serve that spread on snack crackers for a nice, easy and rich dessert.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :chef:

soften cream cheese and place in the food processor with stuffed green olives. pulse till olives are chopped to the size you desire and combined well with the cream cheese. serve as a spread on crackers, i have stuffed celery ribs with it.

add to boiled potatoes before mashing

baked potato topper with bacon and chives

cream cheese, blue cheese and sour cream at room temp, combine well use as dip or salad dressing

1. Soften it in microwave and add some salsa for a quick easy queso dip.
2. Add it to mac and cheese.
3. Mix it with some shredded cheddar, shredded mozzarella, onion and garlic powder (use the cream cheese to bind the shredded cheese together) and use that to make grilled cheese sandwiches.

Make those yummy cheese wontons: cheese, crab (or omit), sliced green onion. Put a dab on a wonton skin, use some water to use as glue, buch top together in a bunch, or roll as mini egg rolls, fry.
serve with mustard (dry mustard and water) and/or sweet and sour sauce.

Whip it with 2 cups of heavy cream, sugar to your liking, vanilla or almond extract and make a trifle.

You can use store bought cake as your first layer, sprinkle it with some orange juice. Next layer is a strawberry sauce (cook fresh strawberries down with some sugar and lemon juice), Next layer is this cream cheese mixture and continue until you use it up.

Chill and enjoy

Another way to use it up is to make tortilla pinwheels with it. Season the cream cheese with some minced garlic, freshly chopped cilantro, cumin powder, chili powder, lime juice and salt. Spread it on a tortilla, put some more stuff that you desire on it like shredded chicken mixed with some refried beans, cheese and salsa. Roll it tight, refrigerate and then cut and serve.

Thanks for all the ideas! I especially like the toasted cheese idea - a biiiig comfort food for me! And my hubby is sure to like the soup idea...:chef:

I will throw cream cheese through a pasta dish to either lighten the amount of cream needed or to take the tomatoey-ness off a tomato sauce pasta.

Also add spinach and ricotta to the c/cheese and stuff canneloni tubes, pour over tomato (pasta) sauce top with grated cheese and cook till
cheese melted and cooked through. I often add sliced olives and cherry tomatoes into my filling.

Use it as a topping on pizzas, esp those mini tortilla/pita style pizzas.

Stuff a chicken breast or a steak with it and your choice of additives.

Not as a main obviously, but if you mix it with garlic and herbs, you can make a really tasty garlic bread to accompany your meal.

Mix it through some savoury mince for a creamier meat filling for tacos, toasted sandwiches and spaghetti.

Use it as a butter replacement when making hot dogs.

Stuff tomatoes with the cream cheese before cooking.

I have to also say that I love cream cheese spread on bread on its own, or with smoked salmon and tomatoes as a sandwich or with sardines and beetroot in a sandwich. Those two sandwiches are two of my all time favourites.

You can also stir it through soups for a cheesy creamy result. Lower fat.

Then you always have the non-mains of dips and cheesecakes to have it as.

I will throw cream cheese through a pasta dish to either lighten the amount of cream needed or to take the tomatoey-ness off a tomato sauce pasta.

Also add spinach and ricotta to the c/cheese and stuff canneloni tubes, pour over tomato (pasta) sauce top with grated cheese and cook till
cheese melted and cooked through. I often add sliced olives and cherry tomatoes into my filling.

Use it as a topping on pizzas, esp those mini tortilla/pita style pizzas.

Stuff a chicken breast or a steak with it and your choice of additives.

Not as a main obviously, but if you mix it with garlic and herbs, you can make a really tasty garlic bread to accompany your meal.

Mix it through some savoury mince for a creamier meat filling for tacos, toasted sandwiches and spaghetti.

Use it as a butter replacement when making hot dogs.

Stuff tomatoes with the cream cheese before cooking.

I have to also say that I love cream cheese spread on bread on its own, or with smoked salmon and tomatoes as a sandwich or with sardines and beetroot in a sandwich. Those two sandwiches are two of my all time favourites.

You can also stir it through soups for a cheesy creamy result. Lower fat.

Then you always have the non-mains of dips and cheesecakes to have it as.
those are great ideas bilby!! i like the herbed idea as a cracker spread on a meat, veggie and cheese platter.

Thank you MSMofet!!

Over here they have a range of cream cheeses pre-mixed. Have a herb and garlic one just sitting there (and a strawberry one) - you in turn, have inspired me to use it as you describe!! Yummo!!

Thank you MSMofet!!

Over here they have a range of cream cheeses pre-mixed. Have a herb and garlic one just sitting there (and a strawberry one) - you in turn, have inspired me to use it as you describe!! Yummo!!
oh cool!!!!!!!!! let me know how it is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom