ISO deep-fry (batter) help/advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hound

Assistant Cook
Is it possible to batter your own food (chicken, fish, etc) and cook it in a commercial electric deep fryer such as Perfect Fry or Auto Fry? Has anyone done this and how did it turn out? Did the batter stay on? Did it mess up the oil? Did the Fryer filters plug up? Other issues? Appreciate any help. Thanks, Robert

I don't have an answer for you, but I do want to welcome you to DC. I am sure someone will come along with an answer for you very quickly.

This is a fun place to be. And if someone has a question regarding cooking, frying, baking or any other method of handling food, there is always someone who has an answer. Our member base is very wide and diversified. We have members from all over the globe. And from just down home cooks to professional chefs.

So stick around. Your question will be answered quickly. And don't forget to return often. :angel:

Beer Batter
1 cup flour
1 12oz beer
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp onion powder
Wisk all in a bowl & put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Flour meat, fish, mushrooms, what ever! Drop into hot oil (no basket) until it floats, then fry (turning) until well browned, drain & eat.
You can also add seasoning's to the flour.

s of your choice to the flour.

And remember the secret...

If you start with wet food you flour, egg wash, flour, batter....

If you start with dry food you egg wash, flour, batter.

That's my secret to success.

These recipes may be a chance at success, but the question was, "will it mess up a professional fryer or the oil". :angel:

Back
Top Bottom