ISO diced vegi leftover ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
peppers, red oniond and tomatoes. What can I do with them? I have a whole bunch of them and have no idea what to do. It's leftovers from mexican meal we had the other day. They have been seating in refrigerator and if I do not use them today they will begarbage.

One thing please nothing dairy. Only meat or vegetable dishes, if you please.

Thanks in advance.

Saute the veggies in olive oil. Deglaze the pan with some white wine, stir in pats of butter to make a butter wine sauce and toss with cooked pasta.

Andy M. said:
Saute the veggies in olive oil. Deglaze the pan with some white wine, stir in pats of butter to make a butter wine sauce and toss with cooked pasta.

Sorry, Charlie. I wasn't thinking when I mentioned the butter. Skip the butter and toss with pasta and some more olive oil.

Charlie, since the peppers, onions & tomatoes are left over from a mexican meal (already cooked?) you could:

Add them to a frittata or scrambled eggs, with a side of hash brown potatoes.

Saute ground beef, put the peppers, onions, tomatoes w the beef in a flour tortilla with shredded lettuce and shredded cheddar - top with sour cream, if you like.

Make a pasta dish with olive oil & garlic - then add your peppers, onions & tomatoes - season with pepper flakes, if you like.

How about a pizza? Put the mixture on pizza dough, add cheese, & whatever else you like & bake.

Another tortilla idea - cook (flank) steak, shrimp or chicken, slice thinly; then add your peppers, onions & tomatoes to a tortilla with cheese of choice or serve as a sammich on french/italian bread.

I almost suggested adding the mixture to a quiche, but not if you don't want dairy.

Last edited:
I just made a batch of chili that called for all of these things. Here is the recipe I used.

2 pounds ground beef
1 29-ounce can of tomato sauce
1 29-ounce can of kidney beans
1 29-ounce can of pinto beans
1 diced green pepper
1 diced medium onion
1/2 cup diced mild green chiles
1 to 6 diced jalapeno peppers (if heat desired)
1 29-ounce can diced tomatoes or 3 chopped medium tomatoes
2 teaspoons cumin powder
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons sugar

1. Brown the beef in skillet or microwave and drain off the fat.
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a crockpot.
3. Cook on low for 3-10 hours.

Or cook on stovetop until done.

Roasted veggie salsa, use for a soup base, us for gazpacho, depending on the size you can top or incorporate into salads, mix with cream cheese, top with chili and cheddar and nuke till warm serve it with crackers...

I make a past salad with all those ingredients it's
pasta
peppers
onion
tomato
tuna
mayo
My family likes it.:)

GB said:
I just made a batch of chili that called for all of these things. Here is the recipe I used.

2 pounds ground beef
1 29-ounce can of tomato sauce
1 29-ounce can of kidney beans
1 29-ounce can of pinto beans
1 diced green pepper
1 diced medium onion
1/2 cup diced mild green chiles
1 to 6 diced jalapeno peppers (if heat desired)
1 29-ounce can diced tomatoes or 3 chopped medium tomatoes
2 teaspoons cumin powder
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons sugar

1. Brown the beef in skillet or microwave and drain off the fat.
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a crockpot.
3. Cook on low for 3-10 hours.

Or cook on stovetop until done.

Bravo, GB!

You met Charlie's specs and came up with a perfectly brilliant idea! :)

Lee

Thanks everybody.

So this is what I end up doing. Tomatoes, onions and olives went into a salad for diner.

The peppers I used in the, hm I don’t know what to call this in English. Maybe you can come with name for this thing for me. It is sort of condiment.

5 bell peppers, I prefer red ones but any color would do.
5 hot peppers or more depends on how spicy you like your food.
1-2 heads of garlic
1 medium parsnip roots (if you can get parsley root it is better, but in Minnesota it’s practically unavailable)
1-2 table spoon salt

I use meat grinder, but food processor would work as well. Run everything thru the meat grinder; add salt, salt works as a preservative, mix well. Keep in glass container with tight lid. It will keep for about 6 month easily, but starts loosing its potency. I use this (name here) in practically every soup, except chicken bullion, I make, spaghetti sauce, meat balls, on the top of the meat instead of mustard or pepper, on the hot dogs etc, whatever your imagination allows you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom