"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 05-31-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
Cook

Question ISO Diet breakfast ideas

i am dieting and loosing the pregnancy fat quite beutifuly ...

any ideas for great breakfast ? and diet if posssible .

Old 05-31-2009, 01:24 AM   #2
Sous Chef

Although I've never been pregnant, three months ago I looked it. I've been having oatmeal for breakfast since the first of March and I have lost over 20 pounds. I have instant oatmeal with added raisins, chopped dates and chopped walnuts; using non-fat milk and non-sugar sugar. Also, I've almost completely foregone red meat and have eaten mostlly steamed vegetables, and for meat, baked chicken white meat. Also, and very importantly, NO salt. My lab tests came back 100% improved. It's not as bad as it sounds. Try it.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:25 AM   #3
Head Chef

Plain fat-free yogurt with fresh fruit mixed in, such as bananas, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, etc. Can also add a touch of pure maple syrup and a little
vanilla extract if desired.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:09 AM   #4
Cook

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by merstar View Post
Plain fat-free yogurt with fresh fruit mixed in, such as bananas, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, etc. Can also add a touch of pure maple syrup and a little
vanilla extract if desired.

Yummy !!!!! sounds good !!!! thanks ...
Old 05-31-2009, 04:11 AM   #5
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave the baker View Post
Although I've never been pregnant, three months ago I looked it. I've been having oatmeal for breakfast since the first of March and I have lost over 20 pounds. I have instant oatmeal with added raisins, chopped dates and chopped walnuts; using non-fat milk and non-sugar sugar. Also, I've almost completely foregone red meat and have eaten mostlly steamed vegetables, and for meat, baked chicken white meat. Also, and very importantly, NO salt. My lab tests came back 100% improved. It's not as bad as it sounds. Try it.

OVER 20 POUNDS ~~~~~ my !!!!!!!!!!!

well done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But i AM NOT sure about the salt thing thugh !!!! :S
i will try ...

thank !wow !!!
Old 05-31-2009, 06:45 AM   #6
Senior Cook

Salt holds water. When I dieted I started the day with a glass of tomato juice, poached egg and baked hash brown patty. I did not add salt. In the late afternoon I ate a 1/2 grapefruit before I started dinner. I did not eat as much at dinner and I was never hungry for real food. I had a hard time because I am a junk food junky. Once I broke that bad habit I was able to lose 5 pounds a month without feeling starved, .

The best diet advise I ever heard was on a talk radio show. The hostess said the best diet is to eat a little less every day, exercise a little more every day and throw away the diet books.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:13 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

There are a few "Adult" (those without tons of Sugar) cereals available....Kellogg's Special K is one...Along with low fat or skim milk, maybe a little fruit --- Whole wheat toast with sugar free jelly/jam can be nice too!

Enjoy!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:35 AM   #8
Assistant Cook

Summer is a great time to have fresh fruit for breakfast, whatever kind you like.Melon is wonderful,maybe a yogurt to go with.
I have an egg white omelet,with a few left over veggies & a very small dab of cheese,along with whole wheat toast.Oatmeal is good & when in a rush, I grab a high protein bar & a banana. Portable & filling.Patcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy moore View Post
i am dieting and loosing the pregnancy fat quite beutifuly ...

any ideas for great breakfast ? and diet if posssible .
Old 05-31-2009, 09:09 AM   #9
Sous Chef

Fruit and coffee for me at work, yogurt and granola when i'm home.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:11 AM   #10
Cook

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Salt holds water. When I dieted I started the day with a glass of tomato juice, poached egg and baked hash brown patty. I did not add salt. In the late afternoon I ate a 1/2 grapefruit before I started dinner. I did not eat as much at dinner and I was never hungry for real food. I had a hard time because I am a junk food junky. Once I broke that bad habit I was able to lose 5 pounds a month without feeling starved, .

The best diet advise I ever heard was on a talk radio show. The hostess said the best diet is to eat a little less every day, exercise a little more every day and throw away the diet books.

yehhhhhh very good advice .... :))

i actually made few diet plans of how i lost my first pregnacy fat - which acually can be also not from pregnancy .... for anyone who wants to lose ... 3 years ago i lost aroud 26 pounds or so ...
i am not a fat person usually , i just gain a lot in pregnancies .. so being blessed wt 2 kids , i decided that its time i took care of myself ...so i posted my plans to my website ... GREAT PLANS WITH RECIPES ...

so ... umm ..... i guess sports and eaing rigth does the job...
but the most important thing is getting this switch in ur mind .. to actually start !!! once u r in this phase , u will do great ...

Tags
breakfast, diet, pregnancy