This has been a favorite in my house for a long time.
Hot Dog Pie
2 (8 ounce) cans pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup shredded cheese (provolone works best)
1 (10 ounce) package hot dogs, sliced
1 tablespoon grated parmeasan cheese
1/8 teaspoon black pepper, if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll one of the crescent dough tubes and separate triangles.
- In a 9-inch pie plate, press pieces together to form a crust.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sliced hot dogs, 2 eggs, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and black pepper, if desired.
- Pour into crust.
- Unroll the second crescent dough tube and cut into long strips.
- Crisscross strips to form a lattice top; flute edges.
- Bake uncovered, 30-45 minutes, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
This is very versitile. You can substitute any cooked meat--or tuna. You can add some veggies (broccoli, cooked carrots, chopped spinach) and you can use any cheese you like. Swiss works good with cooked chicken.
If you feed more than 4 people, you may want to make two...leftovers heat up quickly in the microwave.