ISO Eggplant stew Please TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We had dinner at an Armenian rest several nights ago and I tried the eggplant stew it was fantastic I was advised to spoon it over my Saffran rice, heaven!!! if anyone has a TNT recipe I'd be grateful for your help.

kadesma

Eggplant Stew

about 1 pound of eggplant, cut into small chunks
1 onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
1-2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 pound crushed tomatoes
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp crushed (hot) red pepper (optional)
salt
coarsely ground black pepper
1 1/4 c boiling water

fresh basil, to garnish

Heat oil in a saucepan, add onion and bell pepper, fry for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add garlic cloves, season with basil, red pepper, salt and pepper. Saute for another few minutes.
Add tomatoes, eggplant chunks hot water. Stir, simmer on low about 30 minutes, until eggplant is soft, but still holds shape. Stir occasionally, adding more water if it looks too dry.
Season to taste, garnish with fresh herbs and serve.

Serves 4

Eggplant stew with butter

1 kg. eggplants
100 gr. fresh butter
1 onion grated
6-7 cloves garlic, whole
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups (400ml) fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon vinegar
salt, pepper to taste

cut the eggplants on big cubes. Heat the butter and olive oil, fry the eggplants for 5 minutes, If the pan is not big enough saute in batches, at the end take out the eggplants in a bowl. Now add garlic and onion, fry for 2 minutes, put the eggplans back in the pot, add the tomatoes, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper when it starts boilng, cover the pot, lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

Eggplant with sundried prunes

1 and a half kg. eggplants
24 sundried prunes
1/2 cup olive oil to fry the eggplants
1 onion big, grated
1 can (400 gr) tomatoes con-case
2 cloves garlic, whole
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
salt, pepper to taste

Wash the eggplants, cut them on round slices, fry them untill red and leave them on a plate covered with kithchen paper.

In a large pot, put the 1/3 cup olive oil, fry the onion and garlic cloves for a while, add the prunes saute for 1 minute and add the eggplants, the tomatoes, salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar, cover th pot and simmer on a medium heat for an hour, or untill most of the water has evaporated.
Serve it hot or cold, with the fresh parsley on the top.

Eggplant Stew

about 1 pound of eggplant, cut into small chunks
1 onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
1-2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 pound crushed tomatoes
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp crushed (hot) red pepper (optional)
salt
coarsely ground black pepper
1 1/4 c boiling water

fresh basil, to garnish

Heat oil in a saucepan, add onion and bell pepper, fry for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add garlic cloves, season with basil, red pepper, salt and pepper. Saute for another few minutes.
Add tomatoes, eggplant chunks hot water. Stir, simmer on low about 30 minutes, until eggplant is soft, but still holds shape. Stir occasionally, adding more water if it looks too dry.
Season to taste, garnish with fresh herbs and serve.

Serves 4
Thanks PF,
I talked to the waiter who works there and the only think I have to get are some lime leasves to give this recipe tht tart sweet taste. I can hardly wait to make this for us, thanks again
ma

Eggplant with sundried prunes

1 and a half kg. eggplants
24 sundried prunes
1/2 cup olive oil to fry the eggplants
1 onion big, grated
1 can (400 gr) tomatoes con-case
2 cloves garlic, whole
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
salt, pepper to taste

Wash the eggplants, cut them on round slices, fry them untill red and leave them on a plate covered with kithchen paper.

In a large pot, put the 1/3 cup olive oil, fry the onion and garlic cloves for a while, add the prunes saute for 1 minute and add the eggplants, the tomatoes, salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar, cover th pot and simmer on a medium heat for an hour, or untill most of the water has evaporated.
Serve it hot or cold, with the fresh parsley on the top.
Thank you for both recipes. We had this for dinner and loved it. Will try both soon. thanks again
kades

Back
Top Bottom