ISO Eye of Round Steak Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Got 6 lean little steaks that were reduced for quick sale. I'll be freezing them, but then what? They're not grilling material AFAIK.

I think they would make nice fajitas. Or smothered steak, browned and simmered for a long time with lots of onions and onion gravy.

Thanks, guys. I was thinking slow cooker or oven braising too.

I buy eye of round quite often. I use it in stews (Norwegian Sailor Stew comes to mind, as does the venison-ale stew I make--I think I've posted both recipes and Whiskadoodle tweaked the Norwegian Sailor Stew recipe)--both of these stews contain beer/ale. You could marinate the meat overnight in a marinade containing beer, wine, or brandy. You could also marinate the meat in black tea to tenderize it.

Check out this site:

https://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/recipes/pageview.aspx?tab=1&catid=15

This is one of my favorites (the brandy tenderizes the meat):

Brandied Beef - Recipe - Cooks.com

With homemade beef stock it is fantastic. I think my recipe is in one of the Bon Appetit cookbooks I have, but this sounds identical, except the title was Braised Beef with Orange or something like that. I have used round steak with the fat removed, can't think why eye of round wouldn't work.

You could always pound them out real thin, marinade and use for carpaccio or slice and cook real fast for steak sammies.

Back
Top Bottom