ISO Favorite Lemon Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PA, have some recipes for artichoke lemon pesto & artichoke pesto dip (think I posted it somewhere). Also have Ina's recipe for Pasta, Pesto & Peas. If you're interested, let me know. This one looks like fun.

Mighty Lemon Drop
Recipe courtesy Bob Blumer
Show: The Surreal Gourmet
Episode: Polenta Guidance is Advised
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings

6 ounces lemon-flavored vodka (a.k.a. Citron)
2 ounces Cointreau, or triple sec
4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 teaspoons simple syrup, or to taste (equal amounts of sugar and water heated until sugar dissolves)
2 cups ice
1 lemon or 4 candy lemon drops or jelly lemon slices

Fill a martini shaker or a large glass with ice. Add vodka, Cointreau, lemon juice and simple syrup and shake or stir. Strain into chilled martini glasses. Garnish with a candy lemon drop or a lemon twist.

jkath......you big meany. I am sitting here drooling for lemon pie or lemon ice cream or lemon lemon. I use to peel the big ponderosa lemons and eat them with salt. UMMMMMM now that was LEMON. :) Just teasing about calling you a meany. :)

Oh, dear. Did I miss it? A pretty jar of preserved lemons is a great idea. Wash and "almost" quarter the lemons (cut in quarters almost to the bottom, you want them to hold together). Use kosher salt to "stuff" them, then place in a jar and fill the jar with a lemon juice/water solution (I think half and half). Cap and let sit for a few days. YUMMY. I do sterilize the jar and lid, but this is NOT a canning technique, I'm sure someone here can tell you how to do it properly and safely, this is just a mild pickle. You'd be amazed at how yummy these lemon quarters become as an ingredient for cooking. Now that I think of it, I haven't done this since I left FLorida (where I wouldn't think twice about knocking on a stranger's door and asking if they were going to use all those lemons. The answer was always NO, please take what you want!)

Just thought I’d add a simple, yet yummy recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie.

Lemon Meringue Pie

For Crust:

1 cup flour

1/3 cup Crisco

3 – 4 T. ice water

½ tsp. salt

For Filling:

1 cup sugar

1/3 cup cornstarch

1/8 tsp. salt

2 cups cold water

zest of 1 lemon

¼ cup butter

½ cup lemon juice

4 egg yolks

For Meringue:

4 egg whites

½ cup sugar

Crust:

Preheat oven to 450°F. In a medium bowl, combine flour and Crisco. Blend until mealy. Add water and salt and gather into a ball. Roll out on a floured board, and then transfer to a 9” pie dish. Prick crust with a fork. Place on low baking rack in oven for 12 – 15 minutes or until crust is golden.

Filling:

In a large glass bowl combine 1 cup sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in water and lemon zest. Cook on HIGH until mixture thickens, stirring several times. (About 7 minutes) Add butter; stir until melted. In a small bowl, combine egg yolks and lemon juice. Stir a little hot sugar mixture into egg yolks. Blend yolks back into sugar mixture. Cook on HIGH 4 – 5 more minutes, until thickened. Pour mixture into pie shell.

Meringue:

Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add ½ cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form and whites are glossy. Pile meringue on pie and spread to the edge. Place pie on low baking rack and bake 8 – 10 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.

Oops! I guess I didn't do the cut & paste thing very well. Didn't mean to make my entry so BIG! Oh well, live and learn.

mellryn - that lemon meringue pie does sound simple - I'll need to try it!

And Daisy - lemon chutney! Wow - great idea!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom