ISO help cooking with stainless steel????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is good to know Andy. Do you recall if the manufacturer said anything about it in the literature when you bought it?

Any non stick pan I have ever bought always came with he warning that it was not dishwasher safe. I always just assumed that the detergent was too harsh for the non stick coating. It was a non issue for me though because I find it easier to hand wash non stick than take up the space in the dishwasher. They clean up so quickly and easily with just a few wipes of a sponge or cloth.

I believe they were made by Bialetti. It was a Costco bargain pack. I don't recall reading any warnings on the subject, but I may have forgotten.

Because of what most DW detergents will do to unprotected aluminum, I don't put aluminum pans (coated or uncoated) in the DW. The Bialetti skillets are enameled so that's not an issue.

They are just now beginning to lose their super slipperiness so I may have to breakdown and buy another set. I stack my 9-10 skillets in a stack in a cabinet so that may have something to do with it.

GB, I believe its not the soap in the DW but rather the fact that the pegs end up scratching the finish. There is really no way to put them in there without them shifting and getting damaged.

Andy, I crocheted a couple of dishcloth sized cloths to go in between my frying pans so they could nest without scratching each other. I'm sure regular rags or dishcloths would work just as well.

GB, I believe its not the soap in the DW but rather the fact that the pegs end up scratching the finish. There is really no way to put them in there without them shifting and getting damaged.

Andy, I crocheted a couple of dishcloth sized cloths to go in between my frying pans so they could nest without scratching each other. I'm sure regular rags or dishcloths would work just as well.

That's a great idea Alix. I just got more Copco, enamelled CI pots and haven't even found a place for them yet. I know I will have to stack, them so your tip is very timely.

For the past ten years, I have been using a 3-skillet, non-stick set I bought for $23. I regularly put them in the DW. If it's causing damage, It's not evident.

I've got two non-stick items that said not DW safe, the others I put in the DW and they've been just fine.

Back
Top Bottom