ISO help w/whipped cream recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pontypool

Assistant Cook
I wish someone could explain, as I've heard rumours my problem occurs with cream temperature.

Whether it's mousses or cheesecakes. I find that when I'm whipping cream, it starts off getting really thick, but when I add other ingredients, like vanilla or kettle chocolate in mousse, the whipped cream begins to flatten and some of the liquid separates to the bottom.

This doesn't occur all the time, just some times.

I'm 'very' meticulous with recipes and follow the procedure exactly, measuring all amounts exactly, so I fail to see why I'm not getting consistent results.
Some times I get a brand name of cream sometimes tesco, but it doesn't seem to have any noticeable difference on the results.

I really hope someone can help because whipped cream deserts are my favourite.

Thanks
Anthony

First of all, you should be using cream with a fat percentage of at least 35%. Second, the cream, bowl and beaters should all be chilled.

Begin whipping the cream until it's noticeable thicker but not to the soft peaks level. Add ingredients such as vanilla at this point. Then continue to whip to stiff peaks.

I don't know what kettle chocolate is. It appears to be a British term.

First of all, you should be using cream with a fat percentage of at least 35%. Second, the cream, bowl and beaters should all be chilled.

Begin whipping the cream until it's noticeable thicker but not to the soft peaks level. Add ingredients such as vanilla at this point. Then continue to whip to stiff peaks.

I don't know what kettle chocolate is. It appears to be a British term.

I meant melted chocolate. No idea why autocorrect did that.

Melted chocolate 200 gramms
add in 100ml room temperature cream (whipping)
Set aside to cool
Whip 300 ml whipping cream in a bowl until peaks begin to form
Spoon in one spoonful of the chocolate mixture at a time and whip before adding another spoonful

So the part you're saying I modify is.
1.the cream
2.the temperature of everything (chilled)
3. How much I whip before adding the chocolate

The temperature makes sense as it started out thick but liquified as I added slightly warm chocolate.
Not sure about the cream, I'll have to read the label.

I certainly wasn't ever warned about this in the cheesecake or mousse recipes

Whipped Cream breaks down quickly as temperatures rise. Andy is spot on. To add chocolate to your whipped cram, it must be in a liquid form at room temperature, as in syrup, or sauce. it is added to the cream before you get stiff peaks, and becomes part of the bubble matrix that holds the and suspends the liquid. Keep everything cold for best results.

Another option is to make stabilized whipped cream. This is whipped cream that has dissolved gelatin added while mixing. It keeps the whipped cream from breaking down. Here's a site that gives the recipe and video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLVVql_O3LE

Hope yoou have good results with your whipped cream.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom