ISO help with Spanish translation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobefn

Assistant Cook
I need help with this report I'm doing on a spanish singer and can across this website with some infor on her but its in spanish and I can't understand it at all...I know this is a cooking website but I tryed ever where else and people where mean to me and this is the only nice place I can think of so if someone can help and trasnlate this page for me in english I'll be the most gratefull person ever thanks again.

if you can here what I need Resumen: Ella lo está esperando y ellos también. La cantante de merengue Ashley desborda felicidad ante la llegada de sus gemelos, aunque un leve hálito de tristeza se asoma en su mirada por la ausencia de su esposo, Miguel Martínez. Hace diez meses su compañero partió para cumplir con la milicia estadounidense en la guerra de Irak. Él no ha visto crecer su vientre, no ha sentido las pataditas de sus pequeños, no ha podido ayudarla con la "mala barriga" y no disfrutó de abrir los regalos para sus hijos en el baby shower que se llevó a cabo el domingo en Gurabo.

:) :) Summary: She is expecting her and they also. The singer of jam Ashley overflows happiness before the arrival of her twins, although a light breath of sadness appears in its look by the absence of its husband, Miguel Martínez. Ten months ago its companion left to comply with the American militia in the war of Iraq. He has not seen to grow his womb, he has not felt the pataditas of his small, he has not been able to help it with the "bad belly" and did not he enjoy to open the gifts for his children in the baby shower that was carried out Sunday in Gurabo.

:) AltaVista - Babel Fish Translation I like this site better but I know some one here can translate much better
Summary: It is waiting for and they to it also. The singer of merengue Ashley overflows happiness before the arrival of his binoculars, although a slight breath of sadness is shown in its glance by the absence of its husband, Miguel Martinez. Ten months ago his companion started off to fulfill the American military service in the war of Iraq. It has not seen grow his belly, has not felt the pataditas of his small ones, he has not been able to help it with the "bad belly" and he did not enjoy to open the gifts for his children in baby to shower that Sunday in Gurabo was carried out.

Last edited:
thanks so much for all of your help but how can her husband Miguel Martinez be in Iraq for 10months and be the father?

I would probable be more inclined to trust jpmcgrew's translation but the following is from WorldLingo, a web based translation software program. In my experience a human translator always does a better job.
It is waiting for and they to it also. The singer of merengue Ashley overflows happiness before the arrival of his binoculars, although a slight breath of sadness is shown in its glance by the absence of its husband, Miguel Martinez. Ten months ago his companion started off to fulfill the American military service in the war of Iraq. It has not seen grow his belly, has not felt the pataditas of his small ones, he has not been able to help it with the “bad belly” and he did not enjoy to open the gifts for its children in baby to shower that Sunday in Gurabo was carried out.

:) Yes,but it looks like they want you to pay for that one.Im sure somebody here can translate better the other ones I put up, kinda dont make sense

In summary, it sounds like Ashley is a merengue singer/performer who is pregnant with twins. Her husband/SO, Miguel Martinez, is serving in Iraq and is not able to share in the pregnancy and baby shower, which apparently was held in a place called Gurabo.

That's what I pieced together from the translations.

jpmcgrew said:
:) Yes,but it looks like they want you to pay for that one.Im sure somebody here can translate better the other ones I put up, kinda dont make sense
Yeah, worldlingo wants $65 to "clarify" the nonsense the software produced. It will be interesting to compare the eventual translation by a person to what the puters came up with.

Hello to all !! Both translations are good, the difference is this:

GEMELOS= this word could have two meanings:
1- twins - in this case the rigth translation.
2- binoculars - but not in this case

PATADITAS= the little kicks that the baby sometimes gives
when moves in the womb

kobefn said:
thanks so much for all of your help but how can her husband Miguel Martinez be in Iraq for 10months and be the father?

Very good question. He probably wants to know that as well.... XD

kobefn, if you still need help translating, here is my version:

She is waiting for him and them too. The merengue singer Ashley is radiant with happiness for the arrival of the twins, although she has a slight somber look on her eyes due her husband, Miguel Martinez, absence. He left 10 months ago to Irak with the USA army. He has not seen her tummy grow, he hasn't felt the kicks of the babies, he has not been able to help her with her belly or enjoyed opening the presents for the children on the baby shower in Gurado.

Now I am realizing you already have several translations, let me know if you have questions, I was born in Argentina and Spanish is my native tongue.
I hope this helps you.

Thank you so much for all of you'r help my question is if he been in iraq for 10 months how he the father?

kobefn,

That is the $ 64,000 question LOL
The original text indicates he left 10 months ago... perhaps he left and was in training first and then left the country? (I am just guessing this)

I am glad the translation helped you

Back
Top Bottom