"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 06-18-2007, 06:41 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

ISO help with Spanish translation

I need help with this report I'm doing on a spanish singer and can across this website with some infor on her but its in spanish and I can't understand it at all...I know this is a cooking website but I tryed ever where else and people where mean to me and this is the only nice place I can think of so if someone can help and trasnlate this page for me in english I'll be the most gratefull person ever thanks again.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:02 PM   #2
Assistant Cook

if you can here what I need Resumen: Ella lo está esperando y ellos también. La cantante de merengue Ashley desborda felicidad ante la llegada de sus gemelos, aunque un leve hálito de tristeza se asoma en su mirada por la ausencia de su esposo, Miguel Martínez. Hace diez meses su compañero partió para cumplir con la milicia estadounidense en la guerra de Irak. Él no ha visto crecer su vientre, no ha sentido las pataditas de sus pequeños, no ha podido ayudarla con la "mala barriga" y no disfrutó de abrir los regalos para sus hijos en el baby shower que se llevó a cabo el domingo en Gurabo.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Summary: She is expecting her and they also. The singer of jam Ashley overflows happiness before the arrival of her twins, although a light breath of sadness appears in its look by the absence of its husband, Miguel Martínez. Ten months ago its companion left to comply with the American militia in the war of Iraq. He has not seen to grow his womb, he has not felt the pataditas of his small, he has not been able to help it with the "bad belly" and did not he enjoy to open the gifts for his children in the baby shower that was carried out Sunday in Gurabo.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
Executive Chef

AltaVista - Babel Fish Translation I like this site better but I know some one here can translate much better
Summary: It is waiting for and they to it also. The singer of merengue Ashley overflows happiness before the arrival of his binoculars, although a slight breath of sadness is shown in its glance by the absence of its husband, Miguel Martinez. Ten months ago his companion started off to fulfill the American military service in the war of Iraq. It has not seen grow his belly, has not felt the pataditas of his small ones, he has not been able to help it with the "bad belly" and he did not enjoy to open the gifts for his children in baby to shower that Sunday in Gurabo was carried out.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:42 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

thanks so much for all of your help but how can her husband Miguel Martinez be in Iraq for 10months and be the father?
Old 06-18-2007, 07:44 PM   #6
Executive Chef

I dont know we will haft wait and get a good translation from one of our members here
Old 06-18-2007, 07:45 PM   #7
Head Chef

I would probable be more inclined to trust jpmcgrew's translation but the following is from WorldLingo, a web based translation software program. In my experience a human translator always does a better job.
Quote:
It is waiting for and they to it also. The singer of merengue Ashley overflows happiness before the arrival of his binoculars, although a slight breath of sadness is shown in its glance by the absence of its husband, Miguel Martinez. Ten months ago his companion started off to fulfill the American military service in the war of Iraq. It has not seen grow his belly, has not felt the pataditas of his small ones, he has not been able to help it with the “bad belly” and he did not enjoy to open the gifts for its children in baby to shower that Sunday in Gurabo was carried out.

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:54 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Yes,but it looks like they want you to pay for that one.Im sure somebody here can translate better the other ones I put up, kinda dont make sense
Old 06-18-2007, 07:58 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
In summary, it sounds like Ashley is a merengue singer/performer who is pregnant with twins. Her husband/SO, Miguel Martinez, is serving in Iraq and is not able to share in the pregnancy and baby shower, which apparently was held in a place called Gurabo.

That's what I pieced together from the translations.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #10
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew
Yes,but it looks like they want you to pay for that one.Im sure somebody here can translate better the other ones I put up, kinda dont make sense
Yeah, worldlingo wants $65 to "clarify" the nonsense the software produced. It will be interesting to compare the eventual translation by a person to what the puters came up with.

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote