ISO HELP with Yorkshire pudding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heading out

Assistant Cook
I have a 27cm square metal roasting tin, 4.5 cm deep. What quantity of batter do I need to prepare for a crisp yorkshire?

Welcome to DC! I only make mine in a popover pan, so I can't help you either, but I bet Bolas or one of the other folks across the pond can help.

small recipe depth of pan is less important than square area. 1 cup (8oz flour) as your starting point

If you go with 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk and 1 egg whisked together. If you then start to pour it in the centre of your tin of super hot oil and stop pouring when the mixture hits the sides you should be ok. Any leftovers you can put in the fridge for pancakes in the morning.

I have posted in the forum before on the subject of Yorkshire Pudding, and I suggest you should use the forum search feature to find my posts and the topics in context with the other helpful recommendations.

Meanwhile I suggest two things:

(1) Fill your pan with water and pour it into a measuring cup and get its measure, and divide by four. Or fill the pan 1/4 full and measure that. One fourth of the pan capacity is what you need for the right amount of batter vs. pan size.

(2) IMO your Yorkshire Pudding must have a heavy amount of pan juices (like from your roast) including fat.

morning h/out & welcome to dc!
i reckon the quantities will be similar to the video,maybe a bit more flour,milk,water.trick with yorkshires as jod said is a smokin' hot pan/oil,don't open the oven 'til the pudding is cooked & keep the ingredients simple...that's how my ex mil did it & she was from yorkshire mining stock.what? no...i NEVER argued with her:ohmy:!in the video they are using lard or dripping which,again,is very trad yorkshire & gregs right there,so if you have saved some dripping from a beef roast crack on!.a lot of fish & chip shops fry in dripping over that side of the pennines.
The Best Yorkshire Pudding Recipe - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom