Originally Posted by jnb206
can anyone help me please? to try and save time for me and my partner who work long hours im wanting to know if i can freeze these different ingredients when making my home made sauces ect.
also anyone know how long i can freeze these?
thanks alot for anyone who takes the time to help
* Red chilli/green chilli - wash thoroughly and dry carefully with kitchen paper, slice or dice, depending upon how you use it and freeze in small amounts - use ice cube trays OR thread with string and place in a well ventilated space and allow to dry and use as needed but reduce the quantity a little as drying out will intensify the heat.
* fresh garlic - you can freeze whole cloves or peel, dice/slice and freeze and again an ice cube tray is useful for portion control but I just put a whole bulbs into the freezer and then use as required.
* basil and coriander - wash, chop and freeze in ice cube trays for future use;
* ginger - freezes well and grates well from frozen;
* tinned tomatoes - as they are tinned they are a preserved product and just need to be stored - no need to freeze but id used in a tomato sauce then may be frozen after cooking;
* dried herbs - again a preserved product so store out of the sun in a cool dry place in a well sealed continer but if used in a sauce may be frozen;
* balsammic vinegar - lasts for years in a cupboard.
Hope this helps,