ISO ideas for nice pottery gifts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr_Dove

Senior Cook
Does anyone have any good ideas on anniversary gifts made from pottery. My wife likes baking so I was thinking of maybe a nice cookie jar but I'd like some other ideas too.

Mr_Dove, you might consider buying your wife some nice clay cookware. Clay cookware holds heat very well and perhaps she would appreciate some pieces.

Here's a link to a site that sells several different types and sizes. You could do a Google search for clay cookware or clay bakeware and find others.

Good luck on your search. When's your anniversary?

I have been taking a clay class this year and have enjoyed making baking dishes, any size and shape, some with animals on the handles. Perhaps she would like a garlic keeper, they are not too difficult. I want to make one of those chicken roasters. It's a round dish with high sides and a cone like thingy in the middle to impale the bird upon. Deep enough for veggies around the bottom of the dish so they cook in the juices that run off the bird. The fun thing is that you can really personalize what you make. Let us know what you come up with!

How about a gift certificate for the Pottery Barn or Williams-Sonoma? :mrgreen:

Here are some links to browse What's New on-line. (I would visit the stores, if they are in your area.)

Williams-Sonoma | Catalog

Pottery Barn | Home

The Clay Cooker (Clay Pot) has been mentioned. Here is more info:

Clay Cooker Recipes and Information

Other Suggestions:

Soup Tureen

Cannister Set

Butter Bell
ButterBell.com - Butter Bell® Crock

Crockpot

Garlic Roaster
Garlic Roaster

Tagine/Tajine
Tagine, Tajine, Tagine Recipe, Foodsafe, Accessories and spices.

Vertical Chicken Roaster (Beer Can Chicken)
Chicken Roaster - Vertical Chicken Roaster

If she likes gardening, take a walk through Nursery/Outdoor gardening stores, and look at planters etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom