ISO Info on Doughnut Pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

betterthanabox

Senior Cook
I have been seeing a lot of recipes for doughnuts the last few days and my interest is piqued. Does anyone have a doughnut pan and do they make good doughnuts?

I was looking at the Wilton pan.

I'm looking for something that will help these doughnut cravings I have been having. Krispy Kreme is an hour away so I am looking to make something like that eventually.

Thanks for your help!

I'm pretty sure those won't turn out like Krispy Kreme doughnuts. They are deep fried.

My mum used to crack open a tube of Pillsbury biscuits; cut a hole in the middle; deep fry both the doughnut shaped bits and the holes; and sprinkle some confectioners sugar. Those were pretty good. Well, I was a kid. I don't know what I would think of them now.

I don't have any experience with making donuts in this manner, but you might want to call and speak to a "resident baker" at King Arthur Flour and see what they have to say about making them like that.

I've called them any number of times and received good information on a variety of baking subjects.

I'm pretty sure those won't turn out like Krispy Kreme doughnuts. They are deep fried.

My mum used to crack open a tube of Pillsbury biscuits; cut a hole in the middle; deep fry both the doughnut shaped bits and the holes; and sprinkle some confectioners sugar. Those were pretty good. Well, I was a kid. I don't know what I would think of them now.

I found a recipe that is a copy cat where they are baked. It's rated pretty high too. I hate frying doughnuts. It is a bit of a smelly job. My mom used to make doughnuts all the time when I was growing up and they were so delicious. I figured since the pan is only 10 bucks, it would be worth a shot. If not, I could just fry them.

I don't have any experience with making donuts in this manner, but you might want to call and speak to a "resident baker" at King Arthur Flour and see what they have to say about making them like that.

I've called them any number of times and received good information on a variety of baking subjects.

I had no idea you could call them! Thanks so much for the tip!

betterthanabox said:
I think it would be more of a cake with glaze on it, but who's keeping track.

But aren't most Krispy Irene doughnuts the yeast raised variety? They have a few that they call "cake" donuts, but they more resemble little Debbie dunkin' sticks, than a cake donut.

This is the recipe I have been looking at. They look pretty good. I like cake doughnuts and am looking for something baked instead of fried. It seems like these would be right up my alley. I just need to get a pan.

I've always thought of "baked" donuts as blasphemy, :LOL: But those look delicious, I may pick up a pan just to try them out!

I grew up on homemade cake donuts, never was much into yeast donuts (except filled) but yeast donuts seem to be the most popular here.

Last edited:
I've always thought of "baked" donuts as blasphemy, :LOL: But those look delicious, I may pick up a pan just to try them out!

I grew up on homemade cake donuts, never was much into yeast donuts (except filled) but yeast donuts seem to be the most popular here.
I thought they looked good even if they didn't taste anything like KK. My mom and grandmother used to make fried doughnuts a lot when I was growing up. They are delicious, but these I thought looked like they were worth trying. If they end up being terrible, I can make little doughnut shaped cakes.

I thought they looked good even if they didn't taste anything like KK. My mom and grandmother used to make fried doughnuts a lot when I was growing up. They are delicious, but these I thought looked like they were worth trying. If they end up being terrible, I can make little doughnut shaped cakes.

Use it to bake your bagels...:LOL:

I had a serious craving for doughnuts a few months ago but I'm diabetic. I went on Diabetic Living Online and found a recipe for vanilla cake doughnuts. You can run a search on the Diabetic Living Online website for the recipe if you want to cut back on the sugars. I made 3 toppings: chocolate glaze, cinnamon sugar, and powdered sugar (I made my own). I used the Wilton pan and it turned out great...just gotta spray it quite a bit baking. Still looking for a yeast doughnut recipe that I can eat. I still miss fried doughnuts though!! :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom