ISO info on taking baked goods on a plane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm seeing my father monday(he is local) then flying with him to see my brother next saturday(he is getting the cupcakes).

I couldn't find any mention of cupcakes, or other baked goods, on the TSA website: What To Know Before You Go - Permitted and Prohibited Items. However, I am sure that they will need to be packaged in such a manner that they can be opened, inspected and run through the machines.

Different airlines have different rules and restructions for carry-on items. The only way to know for sure is to contact your airline.

You really shouldn't have any trouble taking them thru---it's the liquids, flammables, and sharp metal objects that they are most concerned about----now if you lace them with "grass" you might have some interest from a furry wagging sniff dog tail but you don't seem the type to ruin great cupcakes---:) What a lucky brother!

Depends on airport security. Make them look really really nasty and they will let you on with them. If they look too good, they might 'confiscate' them, LOL.
Just kidding, I think you are safe until someone tries using baked goods in an evil plot, but definitely check with the airport first. You can call the airline directly, or speak with airport security. I would speak with airport security as they do, technically, have the final word.

I've never brought cupcakes on an airplane, but I bring Boudin's sourdough bread back from San Francisco all the time without any problems.

My daughter brought Togo's sandwiches on the plane when she flew home from California and my next door neighbor's girlfriend brought (no joke) two large pizza's from Round Table when she came to visit at Thanksgiving one for her boyfriend and one for us. I sent a ton of snacks with DD when she flew and they didn't have a problem with them at all. I'm sure your cupcakes, as long as they are in paper cups, will be fine. Just don't use the metal cup liners.

You can take them. On most airlines you can take a carry on and one personal item such as a purse.

Back
Top Bottom