Thank you, Lee! I guess I need to get busy, they'll be gone before I know it. This type of mushroom is very different from the gilled type we're used to.
My mushrooms did not dry totally dark/black. The body is still light color, and I am a little worried since our extension agent finally came back and said that some boletes are poisonous and not to take a chance. Pooh!
I have eaten the ones that I cooked in olive oil and butter (about 3 med. sized) and have had no problems. How long do you think it takes to have a difficulty and how many days? I think some folks are too afraid of wild foods, but I just want to be sure before I use them in recipes that have for meals with other folks.
Thank you for your advice, I am new to this, but they are delicious!!! I wish my photos had gotten through to you, maybe this site is saving space somehow, or I don't know how to do it, I am totally new to this.