ISO: Irish Creme Coffee Cream rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
They completely stopped selling the Coffeemate Irish Cream liquid down here. My husband is ticked off:mad:
I have tried looking for a recipe to make my own, but, it only shows with the liquor in it. Wouldn't omitting the liquor take away from the taste of it?
DH can't have liquor at all.

you really want to duplicate the taste? If you make your own, it will be much tastier and the flavor won't be so chemically. Also, I think all the recipes you were looking at were for "Bailey's Irish Cream liquer"

Just use plain old half n half, and add a bit of extract to it, Watkins makes one. If you want it sweet, add some simple syrup that's really heavily laden with sugar.

Here's a recipe...I think you could just leave out the alcohol. I'd probably substitute half & half or heavy cream for the frozen product.

Bailey’s Irish Cream

1 cup whiskey
1 10 oz package dairy rich (frozen cream product)
1 can Eagle Brand milk
2 tablespoon chocolate syrup
1/4 teaspoon coconut extract

Mix and chill. Makes 1 quart.

It's a little different (as there's no alcohol) but this is one that I've made before.

-1 can of Eagle Brand

-1/3 cup caramel sauce (homemade if it's not too thick or store bought)

-1-3 tbsp chocolate sauce (to taste)

-1/2 tsp cinnamon powder

-1 tsp real vanilla extract

Combine everything and store it (well covered) for up to 3 days in the fridge. I actually add this to milk or hot cocoa, not coffee (I don't drink any coffee), but I've put it in other people's coffee and they liked it :)

Texasgirl, do you get the International Coffee flavourings? We think they are much nicer than the Coffeemate brand. I am especially fond of Southern Butter Pecan and Vanilla Toffee Caramel. Mmmmmmmm.

Well... a drop of real Irish Creme Whiskey would be much better than any artificial creamer... however if you prefer non alcoholic option, Starbucks or Borders sell the flavoured syrup I believe... and they are better tasting than coffeemate...

Back
Top Bottom