ISO Kimchi link

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I can't find the link to the recipe I used to use back in Ontario. I want to say Andy, Frank, or Larry posted it. I know I have all the ingredients, I just can't remember how I used to make it. The KN will be away next weekend, a caregiver loves Kimchi (she's from Alaska) and I thought it would be fun if the two of us made a batch of Kimchi while the KN was away.

I tried searching and can't find it either. I know I participated in a kimchi thread, in the past, but wasn't me who linked any recipe. hopefully by bumping this someone has better luck than I did finding the link you're looking for.

Have you tried searching for "kimchee", as opposed to "kimchi"? I did a quick search and there were a number of threads that showed up. I am not up for looking through them for a recipe, at the moment.

Was it a site that had young women making it, with lots of photos?
I can't remember. I remember it was made with Napa cabbage, chopped and salted. I used to leave it overnight. The "dressing" had ginger root, fish sauce, Korean chili pepper, soy sauce (?) fermented shrimp... left to ferment at room temp for 3-7 days.

OMG, the kimchi is delish. We used Dashi, Korean red pepper paste, garlic, anchovy paste, fish sauce. We used green cabbage instead of Napa. I want to drink the juice!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom