ISO Low Carb Menu Items

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
Me & My husband recently started a Low Carb High Fat Diet. And I was wondering if you guys had any suggestíons of things to cook?! Thanks in advance.

Hi Jessica...nice to see you again. There are folks here that have been following that plan for quite a while. Myself, I've been doing it since Sep 20th and always post on the nightly dinner thread. You're invited to go to those posts and see what I've been cooking for dinner. ;)
If you google "low carb recipes" you will find tons of ideas.

Quiche (no crust)
Stir Fried veggies and meats
Full fat yogurt with nuts coconut flakes and berries
Poached eggs in avocado
Grilled meats
Grilled veggies
Seared Salmon
Onion rings (use flax seed flour mixed with cornmeal for breading)

and now I'm hungry ;)

Me & My husband recently started a Low Carb High Fat Diet. And I was wondering if you guys had any suggestíons of things to cook?! Thanks in advance.
Hi Jessica,

I've now been low carb now for over a year and have lost about 90 lbs. There are many good recipe sources out there. I'm not sure which version of low carb that you adhere to (I'm on keto, so I'm extremely low carb and higher fat), but here are a few that I like:

Keto Recipes - Get Inspiration for your Cooking
Recipes - I Breathe... I'm Hungry...
Maria Mind Body Health | (search for "amazing bread")
Low-Carb Recipes - Allrecipes.com

As a general rule, I just try to keep meals very simple. Most of my dinners consist of nothing more than meat and vegetables. In fact, I no longer post very many dinner photos here on DC, because after a while they tend to look a lot alike. :LOL:

On weekends, because I have more time, I often get more experimental in the kitchen. Sometimes the experiments work. Sometimes not so much.

I will say this, though. When I first started, I thought I would get bored quickly. If anything, it's been the complete opposite. It's like learning to cook all over again. And I enjoy trying to convert some of my old favorites over to low carb.

Last edited:
I also like these sites for meal/food ideas:
The Diet Doctor
The Ketogenic Diet Resource
Low Carb, So Simple
Wicked Stuff, which currently shows a turkey wrapped in bacon. :yum:

Due to unrelated medical issues, I fell off the ketogenic diet for a while, but I hope to be thoroughly back to program by the end of the week.

~Kathleen

Hi Jessica,

I've now been low carb now for over a year and have lost about 90 lbs. There are many good recipe sources out there. I'm not sure which version of low carb that you adhere to (I'm on keto, so I'm extremely low carb and higher fat), but here are a few that I like:

Keto Recipes - Get Inspiration for your Cooking
Recipes - I Breathe... I'm Hungry...
Maria Mind Body Health | (search for "amazing bread")
Low-Carb Recipes - Allrecipes.com

As a general rule, I just try to keep meals very simple. Most of my dinners consist of nothing more than meat and vegetables. In fact, I no longer post very many dinner photos here on DC, because after a while they tend to look a lot alike. :LOL:

On weekends, because I have more time, I often get more experimental in the kitchen. Sometimes the experiments work. Sometimes not so much.

I will say this, though. When I first started, I thought I would get bored quickly. If anything, it's been the complete opposite. It's like learning to cook all over again. And I enjoy trying to convert some of my old favorites over to low carb.

http://www.discusscooking.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/http://www.discusscooking.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/http://www.discusscooking.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Back
Top Bottom