ISO Pressure Cooker Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mmyap

Sous Chef
I bought a pressure cooker as a house warming gift for a friend and I'm putting together a little recipe collection to get her started. I know she gets a cookbook with her pot but I wanted to add my own.

I'm wondering if anyone would like to contribute a PC recipe that your family enjoys. I'm also giving her a little cheat sheet / tutorial with tips.

I'm converting my family and friends to pressure cookers one person at a time. My mom will get one for her birthday in August.

Thanks in advance. :yum:

I would be interested in your cheat sheet and tips.

I have a recipe I will post later when I get out my laptop.

What type of pressure cooker, mmyap? I have a technique for corned beef and cabbage that is a lot fiddly, but the cabbage does not turn to gray sludge. I'll write it up if you like.

I'm here to try and get inspired to use the electric one I bought and have never used. It intimidates me for some reason.

I would be interested in your cheat sheet and tips.

I have a recipe I will post later when I get out my laptop.

MsM I remember you talking about doing a Risotto in yours and thinking what a great idea.

I got her the Power Pressure one from the infomercial. They have a big family and live on a farm so the size is good and it comes with a canning cookbook which she already does the traditional way. It seems like a nice one for them.

My tips page for her is a basic, last checklist sort of a thing:

1. Never cook anything dry.
2. If you are adjusting a stove top recipe make sure to add at least 1 cup liquid. If it's already a soup / stew keep to the same liquid as the recipe calls for.
3. Look for the minimum and maximum fill lines in your pot insert. Keep to the lines.
4. Make sure your vent valve is in the right position before locking lid and starting to pressure cook.
5. Quick reference for Natural Release vs. Quick Release.

Not to be used instead of reading the manufacturers instructions but as a last minute check list before she hits the "cook" button for the first time.

PF and msmofet, I would love your recipes. Thanks much.

Here you go.

Ms. Mofet's Pressure Cooker Saffron and Mushroom Risotto (click for recipe)

img_1371547_0_a26ea2c31785a89de0032b159cf2ff90.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom