ISO pumpkin recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siegal

Sous Chef
So I made the most delicious pumpkin seeds ever last night so I must buy many more pumpkins to make seeds. Need ideas to use up the pumpkin though

I already made roasted pumpkin with maple syrup and butter
Thinking a pie or pumpkin roll next, maybe pumpkin curry

Any other ideas. ??

Edit: I wrote Pumpkim...how do I fix that?

I got it fixed for you.

Hmmm...dilemma here. Our Golden Chef Challenge is Pumpkins...some of us with ideas will not be chiming in as we are busy creating our own recipes for the challenge.

You could always puree it and freeze it for later.

Oh great! I am sure everyone will post what they made for inspiration.

Oh great! I am sure everyone will post what they made for inspiration.

You bet we will! That's part of the Challenge is to get those recipes out there. The Challenge will be posted starting the first week of November.

i don't have a recipe for you, but a good hungarian friend of mine once made a pot of spicy pumpkin soup that was just out of this world! only thing is, the pumpkins have to be green....

So I made the most delicious pumpkin seeds ever last night so I must buy many more pumpkins to make seeds. Need ideas to use up the pumpkin though

I already made roasted pumpkin with maple syrup and butter
Thinking a pie or pumpkin roll next, maybe pumpkin curry

Any other ideas. ??

Edit: I wrote Pumpkim...how do I fix that?

One of the restaurants here on the island (Max's Conch Bar) has a pumpkin rice and beans side that's delicious. I think that she just adds some pureed pumpkin to the rice when cooking it. Liz also makes a sauteed pumpkin which is fantastic, but I haven't a clue how it's made. It does have bits of ham or bacon in it, and it's also served as a side. Down here they tend to have pumpkin available year round, at least those items show up on the menu quite regularly.

Back
Top Bottom