ISO Rachael Ray meatloaf recipe...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicacarr

Senior Cook
on rachael ray's 30 minute meals a few weeks ago, she made little mini meatloafs that were baked inside bell peppers. i made a mental note to go to foodnetwork dot com to get the recipe but it was a few weeks ago, and iv already forgotten the name of the dish and the episode. i did a date-range search on food network and didnt have any luck. i know i am over looking it.
can someone out there tell me how to get to the recipe?

katie and selkie...
unfortunately...nope. none of those are it.
the one i am looking for is where the bell pepper has the top and bottom cut off and the meatloaf mixture is stuffed into it and cooked that way.

gonna make the meatloaf muffins ones. will use my own lemon lovers meat loaf though. it is tnt and very favorite of mine. think i will do tomorrow and then freeze some for later meals. thanks for the ideas, ladies.

Oh, stuffed bell peppers! That's an entirely different recipe, and not meat loaf.

Rachael Ray's Spanish Stuffed Bell Peppers

Ingredients:

• 6 medium red bell peppers
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
  • 1 1/2 pounds all-white meat ground chicken
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 piquillo peppers, minced
  • 1/2 cup golden raisins, chopped
  • 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
  • 3/4 cup dry sherry
  • 2 15-ounce cans of tomato sauce, divided
  • 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves (about a handful), chopped
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
  • 2-3 cups cooked leftover rice
  • 2 cups Manchego cheese, shredded
Directions:

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Cut off the top quarter of each bell pepper (the stem end) and reserve as a lid. Cut a very thin sliver off the bottom of each bell pepper just to even it off so it sits standing up without wobbling. Make sure the bottom stays intact so that you have a solid cup that won't leak.

Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add EVOO. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until brown, about 5-8 minutes, breaking it up into small bits with the back of a wooden spoon as it cooks. Add the onion, garlic, piquillo peppers, raisins and paprika. Continue to cook until the onions start to get tender, about 3-4 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the sherry, stirring to get any brown bits off the bottom of the skillet. Add 1 1/2 cans of tomato sauce and cook about 5 minutes more. Turn off the heat and add the parsley, almonds and cooked rice to the pot. Stir to combine.

Pour the remaining 1/2 can of tomato sauce into an oven-safe baking dish with a touch of water for additional liquid to create a bed for the peppers to sit on. Fill each pepper up halfway with the chicken and rice filling mixture.

Top with a little manchego cheese then fill with more chicken and rice mixture, and a little more cheese on tip of that. Set in the baking dish and place the tops back on top of each pepper as a lid. Bake, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes.

katie and selkie...
unfortunately...nope. none of those are it.
the one i am looking for is where the bell pepper has the top and bottom cut off and the meatloaf mixture is stuffed into it and cooked that way.

Actually, why not make your own using the method you best remember from the program?

What you might want to do, though, is to blanch the peppers a bit to tenderize them before you stuff them.

Then, stuff them with the meatloaf mixture you prefer and bake them to your satisfaction.

Seems like you could come up with your own tasty version of what Rachael inspired you to do.

I think I must be odd, I like meatloaf cold the next day with salad, chips and bread or cold with hot gravy and french fries.
Things I like cooked the day before and eaten cold like above.
Schnitzel, roast chicken, roast ham, fish fried in breadcrumbs,roast beef, pork. turkey, are you odd like me?

I love cold meatloaf sandwiches, Bolas. I grew up with meatloaf and ketchup on white bread, then graduated to having it with mayo, but my favorite cold meatloaf sandwich is definitely on wheat with mustard... mmm...
And of course, open faced with gravy. A diner special in these parts.

Most meatloaf is good.

I've had some that weren't. One, that a friend made, was inedibly dry without gravy and not so great with gravy. :LOL:

Many years ago when I was pregnant I ate dinner at a friend's house and she served meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I could barely get it down, it just tasted horrible to me. To this day, I don't know if it was because I was pregnant or because my friend was a terrible cook! It turned me off of meatloaf and mashed potatoes for a very long time, LOL!

I think I must be odd, I like meatloaf cold the next day with salad, chips and bread or cold with hot gravy and french fries.
Things I like cooked the day before and eaten cold like above.
Schnitzel, roast chicken, roast ham, fish fried in breadcrumbs,roast beef, pork. turkey, are you odd like me?

All of those things are great on sandwiches the next few days.

Back to the stuffed bell peppers. I so agree with this Katie:

What you might want to do, though, is to blanch the peppers a bit to tenderize them before you stuff them.

Whole bell peppers take forever to cook in my experience. By the time they are actually tender, the stuffing has had all the juices cooked away.
RR said to bake them for 20-30 minutes....there's no way the peppers would be tender in that amount of time. The filling would be cooked, but not the peppers.

Back
Top Bottom