"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 06-19-2006, 01:37 AM   #11
Sous Chef

Hi strawberryrecipes/Leann --

Sorry so late in replying but only now just checking the site. I'd LOVE the recipe you mention, so please do type out and post!

Thanks very much --
A fellow graham-cracker lover

Old 06-19-2006, 01:02 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

graham crackers

Hi, aryton, companys coming recipe for graham crackers: 2 cups all purpose flour, 1/4 cup graham flour, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar ,1 tsp baking soda,1 tsp.salt, 1/2 cup butter or marg. softened,1/4 cup cooking oil,1/4 cup water. Measure all ingredients in to a large bowl. Mix together well. Divide dough in half. Roll out half of dough directly on cookie sheet . It crumbles to much to transfer from one surface to another. If yours has sides turn upside down and use the bottom . Roll 12x 10 inches[30x 25 cm.] Dust rolling pin with flour as needed. Use ruler to guide knife across dough to score lightly every 2 inches[5 cm.] Prick with a fork trying to keep holes in line for an even professional look. Bake in 425 F{220 C] oven for about 10 minutes or until browned. These crisp as they cool. Cut on lines while hot for a clean edge. Yield: 5 dozen small wafers. Note : Dough can be chilled in rolls then sliced and baked. I don't do much on computer so I have no idea how to line recipe up as others do. Hope you don't mind the way I typed it in, I could have waited for my hubby as he is good at computer stuff, but thought I should get this off to you. Hope this was what you were looking for, please let me know if you make them how they taste compared to store bought crackers. Happy baking, Leann

Old 06-19-2006, 04:29 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Graham Crackers

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour plus more for dusting

1 1/2 cups graham flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks ( 1 cup) unsalted butter room temperature
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey

Preheat the over to 350 degrees, In a medium bowl, whisk together both flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle, beat butter, brown sugar, and honey on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. With mixer on low, add the flour mixture; beat until just combined.
Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. With a knife or bench scraper, cut dough into four equal pieces. Roll out each piece between two sheets of parchment paper into rectangles a bit larger than 9 by 6 inches, about 1/8 inch thick. Using a fluted pastry wheel, trim the outermost edges of each rectangle, and divide into three 6 by 3 inch rectangles. Pressing lightly, so as not to cut all the way through, score each piece in half lengthwise and crosswise, to form four 3 by 1 1/2 inch crackers, Stack parchment and dough on a baking sheet and chill in freezer until firm, about 20 minutes.

Remove two sheets of dough from freezer. Using a fork, pierce each piece in a decorative pattern. Transfer dough ( on parchment) to a large baking sheet. Bake, rotating halfway through, until crackers are deep golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before breaking crackers along perforated lines. Crackers can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:27 AM   #14
Sous Chef

Leann and Debbie -- thank you!!

I'll try both recipes ASAP and get back to you. If I take a few days, forgive please -- we're in a heat wave and the LAST thing I feel like doing is lighting the oven!

A.