"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Old 02-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking
Gosh - I put garlic in virtually EVERYTHING - lol!!!

I guess one of my faves is to toss handfulls of peeled cloves in with cut up root vegetables for roasting. They come out so wonderful - even when charred.

My 2nd favorite would have to be good old Garlic Soup, which I make frequently during the winter. A handfull of peeled cloves sauteed in extra-virgin olive oil, a piece of bread (any kind), an egg, & some chicken broth & I'm in lunch heave - lol!!
Could you elaborate on your soup recipe? It sounds simple and GOOD!

pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:06 PM   #22
Master Chef
Pacanis - all I do for an individual serving is peel 4 garlic cloves & saute them in some extra-virgin olive oil until they just start to brown & soften. I then fork them out into my individual soup bowl & mash them with a fork. I then put my bread piece or pieces into the hot garlic oil left in the pan & saute/toast that. An approximate soup-bowl full of chicken broth then goes into the saucepan with the bread & is brought just up to boiling point. One beaten egg goes in & is stirred to sort of make an "egg-drop" soup effect. Then the mashed garlic cloves are added & everything is then added back into the soup bowl.

Just 5 little ingredients, fast cooking, & delicious. Can't beat that - lol!! I can't tell you how many bad colds I managed to ward off eating this.

BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:12 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire
I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow..... if I can wait that long

pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote