ISO: Roasted garlic and roasted onion in chili?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm about to roast the tomatoes and hot peppers for tomorrow's chili. Would roasted onion and garlic be overkill? I'm grilling the steak (to rare) for the grill marks...has anyone added roast onion and garlic to chili that also has grilled steak, roasted tomatoes and peppers?

Sounds really good to me...I can't see that adding more of roasted goodness could be bad.

Gotta tell you, the chili is simmering and it smells FANTASTIC! The roasted tomato sauce, a bottle of beer, the roasted garlic, onion, and peppers, the grilled steak--(I had a hard time resisting eating the roasted garlic...)--it's already tasting awesome. It will need some tweaking, I'm sure, but it's for dinner tomorrow--I have to chicken wrangle in the morning. So, I'm simmering the chili for an hour or so tonight and finishing it in the crockpot while I'm wrangling.

LOL! I didn't make that big of a pot! Load up the bus and head to Michigan for Goodweed's participation in the United Way's chili cookoff--I bet his chili will be kick-a@@ good. And, no I don't have a recipe to share. I can share the ingredients, but not quantities. For me, chili is a "throw together" dish.

Man, now I want chili with roasted vegetables. That sounds so good. Next time I make my chili I'm trying this. Hmmmm, maybe I'll even put the pot on the grill and let it cook that way. Would probably taste like the best parts of camping and the outdoors. Mmmm, grilled stuff.

Back
Top Bottom