ISO Salsa/Sauce for steamed Plaice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicklord1

Senior Cook
Hello i am thinking of steaming some plaice with some veg but i want to make a moist salsa / sauce to go with it . I am thinking the ingredients could be tomatoes , chilli and corriander , will these ingredients make a sauce or a dry lump on the plate if so how can i make it more moist.

Cheers

say i am serving for 3 and want the sauce as just a side to add a little flavour what sort of quanties would you think i should do.

quarter of an onion
table spoon olive oil
1 garlic clove
4 cherry toms
one chilli
salt and pepper ?

I have not had plaice before, but salsa does go great certain fish. When I make salsa I use: tomatoes, red onion (yellow onion will work though), chili pepper (as hot as you want it), garlic, olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. I do not know exact ammounts, because I just make it to taste. As for corriander in salsa, no idea what it tastes like. There is only one way to find out though and that is try it. Just make a little extra of the salsa and put some corriander in with the extra. That way if it does not taste good, you still have great salsa to use and if it does taste good you can add it to the rest.

I have not had plaice before, but salsa does go great certain fish. When I make salsa I use: tomatoes, red onion (yellow onion will work though), chili pepper (as hot as you want it), garlic, olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. I do not know exact ammounts, because I just make it to taste. As for corriander in salsa, no idea what it tastes like. There is only one way to find out though and that is try it. Just make a little extra of the salsa and put some corriander in with the extra. That way if it does not taste good, you still have great salsa to use and if it does taste good you can add it to the rest.

IMHO salsa is not salsa without cilantro/coriander. True, some people don't like it and it can certainly be left out for those people. But salsa has cilantro in it. The only thing I see missing from this is a bit of lime juice. Instead of onion I would use the white part of a spring/green onion. Make it a bit ahead of time to let the flavors blend. Personally, I wouldn't salt too much because the salt will leach the water out of the tomatoes making the flavors a bit weak. Salt at the end right before serving.

Fresh coriander - people either love it or hate it. Those that hate it say it tastes like soap - those that love say they can't get enough. I'm in the "can't get enough" category! :pig: Those that love it say it adds a brightness and freshness. Start with a little bit, roughly chopped, and go from there. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom