ISO Seasonings for Pumpkin Seeds.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
My girlfriend's parents are scooping there hundreds of pumpkins out right now.
Any good ideas for some seasonings?

Thats it?
Come on.
Be more creative than that?

How am I cooking these again?
I did 350F for 10 mins...
Dont seem to be done... Still wet and not crunchy.

You are in a rude mood tonight. I only like salt on mine. And I cook mine at about 300 for an hour.

I heard of some people sprinkling them with Hidden Valley Ranch dressing - the dry kind in the packet. I am with Alix, I like a little salt - I'm not sure if I am going to do butter or oil, though.

I have seen some recipes for cooking them low and long and others high and short. We are carving tomorrow and I am thinking we are gonna have alot of seeds - I plan on trying both ways so I know for sure next year!

O...Ever used a cool combo of like salt, pepper, chillies, steak spice, garlic salt... anything like that?

My girlfriend's parents got 18 big pumpkins.

goboenomo said:
I meant to say Could you be more creative than that?

Thanks

Nope. Thats the seasoning I liked. Sorry it isn't to your liking. You're very welcome for the response to your question though.

Ok, here is a fav recipe of mine using raw pumpkin seeds:

1 cup raw (hulled) pumpkin seeds
3 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon red chili powder

Spray heavy non-stick skillet with olive oil spray and pour in pumpkin seeds. Spray the pumpkin seeds lightly with olive oil to coat. Turn burner on to medium heat. Sprinkle sugar on the bottom of the pan. The sugar will liquify and coat the seeds as you stir them around in the pan. This will take about 6 to 8 minutes. Turn off heat and sprinkle with kosher salt and chili powder. Stir to coat.

I like to munch on them warm, they are really good, or let cool and save for snacks for later.... very addicting!!

Well, while it might not show any "imagination" - I like mine deep fried and salted. Why? Because I like the flavor and don't want it masked with other "stuff". I also prefer my pop-corn to be only topped with butter and salt - not ranch dressing powder, buffalo-wing seasonings, A1 sauce, etc.

I'm with Alix on this ... salt - pure, plain and simple.

Oh goodness - I have a blast seasoning pumpkin seeds this time of year!!!

I do several different batches. While everything gets a dose of salt, my favorite variations are: granulated garlic; granulated garlic, chili powder, & cayenne pepper; Old Bay seasoning; lemon pepper - really, the list of combinations you can try are virtually endless!!!

Tried some pumpkin seeds seasoning ideas.

Just tried a few random mixtures of spices for my pumpkin seeds.

For one batch I used

Garlic Salt
Pepper
Salt
Chilli Powder

And for the second batch I used

Steak Spice
Chrushed Red Peppers
Garlic Salt
Pepper

Baked them at 350 F. I didn't track how long they were in for... I just baked them until I felt they were done. If I ballparked it... maybe 25 to 30 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom