ISO Side to go with Italian Meatloaf Volcano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
We are having a couple of young men over for dinner on Wednesday night.The meal will consist of an Italian based meatloaf, shaped as mini volcanoes, one for each person. The crater will be filled with a spicy marinara sauce, with mushrooms and veggies, all sitting on beds of either whole wheat angel hair, or linguini (havent decided yet. Looking for an exceptional side veggie to go with this.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief Longwind's infamous "volcano mealoaf!"

Something broccoli to resemble the trees and foliage of a tropical island. Maybe simple toss in butter, garlic, parm and crunchy bread crumbs. Maybe a cold toss with other shredded salad greens in a palate-cleansing vinaigrette.

A nice tossed salad with a simple olive oil vinagrette. Exceptional isn't necessary with what you have going. Mixed baby greens.

How Cool! I never thought of shaping my meatloaf into something!

I wonder if I could get a mold shaped like a football or a race car for my next party?

Eric, Austin Tx.

GLC said:
Whatever the sides, you're missing a bet if you don't carve radishes into tiny natives fleeing the volcano's wrath.

And an extra virgin olive to appease Pele, the Volcano Goddess. And soccer player.

Last edited:
keep with the italian theme. 'scarole aglio e olio, or escarole wilted with shallots and garlic in evoo.

or like mofet said (she knows her italian), broccoli di rape, also in garlic oil.

both have a sweet and bitter component to be a complimentary but different part of your meal.

Heres the broccoli rabe

img_1083205_0_32be5292142ab5e9f6eee401473c8d0a.jpg

Scarole aglio e olio would also be good bucky. I like mine with cannellini beans.

Wow! Great ideas. But alas, bitter things are allowed on my plate, but not on DW's. I think I'll go for a refreshing salad with either a home made Caesar Salad dressing, or a fruity vinagerette. I'm thinking a bed of orzo for the pasta on which the mountain sits, all drizzled with a bit of black truffle oil. Throw wome steamed broccoli in for color, flavor, and textural difference.

Thanks everyone.

Seeeeeeya; chief Longwind of the North

Wow! Great ideas. But alas, bitter things are allowed on my plate, but not on DW's. I think I'll go for a refreshing salad with either a home made Caesar Salad dressing, or a fruity vinagerette. I'm thinking a bed of orzo for the pasta on which the mountain sits, all drizzled with a bit of black truffle oil. Throw wome steamed broccoli in for color, flavor, and textural difference.

Thanks everyone.

Seeeeeeya; chief Longwind of the North
What--throw women steamed broccoli in for color, flavor, and textual difference...I'm glad I wasn't invited!

What--throw women steamed broccoli in for color, flavor, and textual difference...I'm glad I wasn't invited!

:LOL: That was supposed to say "throw some", not "throw wome". A simple row off. That's all. Same finger, different key stroke. Typo strikes again.

Besides, CWS, wouldn't you love for your DH to walk up to you tonight and tell you that you look yummy? C'mon. You know you would.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

:LOL: That was supposed to say "throw some", not "throw wome". A simple row off. That's all. Same finger, different key stroke. Typo strikes again.

Besides, CWS, wouldn't you love for your DH to walk up to you tonight and tell you that you look yummy? C'mon. You know you would.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

ROFL!!!

Back
Top Bottom