"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 05-24-2007, 08:53 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
One my kids all love and now the grandkids are enjoying it as well. Take a taco sized flour tortilla,cover almost to the edge with your favorite kind of cheese broken into tiny pieces ( it melts faster) zap it til cheese is melted and runny, about 35 seconds.roll like a cigar put on folded paper towel so it doesn't run and enjoy..Be careful they get pretty hot My favorite cheese for this is pepper jack..

kadesma
Count me in on this one as well!

Old 05-24-2007, 12:39 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

Send a message via AIM to TeenChef Send a message via Yahoo to TeenChef
if you mean something you could just make up from scratch, i have an idea!!
You coulddo what i usually do and take what ever you like, and make a soup with it. put it in a pan with some water, and go from there, you can do this with many things, i've eventried it with different candies(which i dont recomend)!!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 02:27 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

I like to make little pizzas in the toaster oven with toasted bread, Ragu pizza sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:54 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenOK
Count me in on this one as well!
You're in Allen

kadesma
Old 05-24-2007, 10:15 PM   #15
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic
I like to make little pizzas in the toaster oven with toasted bread, Ragu pizza sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
We would do this with English muffins.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:04 PM   #16
Sous Chef

Blinis are always handy, I add lardons(more like bacon pieces)and grate cheese on top and grill. We all love it here.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:36 PM   #17
Head Chef

I like garlic and herb cream cheese spread on a cracker and topped with a thin slice of salami. This cream cheese is also good spread on a soft pretzle.

Someone on here once mentioned mixing flavored yogurt and whipped cream together to make a dip for fruit. I make that when I want a healthy snack.

Sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar on buttered bread and toast. You can also do this on a tortilla and pop in microwave then roll, it will be runny but delicious.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:54 AM   #18
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
One my kids all love and now the grandkids are enjoying it as well. Take a taco sized flour tortilla,cover almost to the edge with your favorite kind of cheese broken into tiny pieces ( it melts faster) zap it til cheese is melted and runny, about 35 seconds.roll like a cigar put on folded paper towel so it doesn't run and enjoy..Be careful they get pretty hot My favorite cheese for this is pepper jack..

kadesma
These are a TNT snack. And everybody likes making their own. My son made one on his way out the door and his friend is now eating them too.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:04 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirBlue
These are a TNT snack. And everybody likes making their own. My son made one on his way out the door and his friend is now eating them too.
Aren't they good? We all love them. I make them for lunch at times when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to wait for things to cook and put them together..Today, Ethan wanted a hot doa and i had no buns, so I grabbed a flour tortilla a hot dog which I cooked the hd in the microwave, then warmed the tortilla with some cheddar cheese, spread on a little mustard, rolled the hot dog up in it and Ethan ate every bite and asked for a second
kadesma
Old 05-26-2007, 01:27 AM   #20
Head Chef

Since it is the end of school days for this year, I wanted to put some convenient snacks in the fridge. I was thinking that cheesy hotdogs would be good. OM is the only one making them so that requires coupons to fit into the budget. I'll make plain ones in a cheese filled tortilla. (THANKS)

I was really surprised when I could not find any cheese & chicken nuggets. The stores used to make their own and they were really good. I bought some banquet plain chicken and they were small, dry and hard. I'll just have to make some of those. I think this is going to be a finger food summer.