ISO Snacks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
StirBlue said:
Since it is the end of school days for this year, I wanted to put some convenient snacks in the fridge. I was thinking that cheesy hotdogs would be good. OM is the only one making them so that requires coupons to fit into the budget. I'll make plain ones in a cheese filled tortilla. (THANKS)

I was really surprised when I could not find any cheese & chicken nuggets. The stores used to make their own and they were really good. I bought some banquet plain chicken and they were small, dry and hard. I'll just have to make some of those. I think this is going to be a finger food summer.
SB,
I pick up packs of frozen chicken strips, then cut them in to nugget size for the kids. I have dipped them in crushed potatoe chips, then beaten egg, then into the chips again or panko, egg and panko, put them on a greased cookie sheet and baked til done at 325.. Add some salt and the kids love them.I put a few on another sheet and freeze, then remove from tray and store in a baggie in the freezer..Cade and Ethan and now Carson and Olivia ask for them at least every two weeks!

kadesma:)

One of my boys likes toasted English muffins with jelly or peanut butter. He also likes PB & J spread on a tortilla, sprinkled with rice krispies and rolled up.

One of my favorite snacks, usually when I'm cooking something on the grill that takes a while, is a Ritz cracker, slice of cheddar cheese, some raw onion and then go overboard with the salt and pepper. I can easily eat a dozen and they're great washed down with your favorite brew (if you so choose). This goes back 30+ years ago at my father's friend's hunting camp. I don't even like raw onion, but something about the combination....

another great one, is a small handful of shreddies, a small handful or almonds, and a small handful of raisons mixed together. that's a really good one!

ps, thx for all the relally good ideas!

:) You can also take flour tortillas spread them with crunchy peanut butter and jam or no jam.Roll them up and eat with a cold gass of milk.,I love them with just peanut butter.

Back
Top Bottom