"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Old 08-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by salt and pepper View Post
Instead of trying to make the dough look like a star, make the topping look like a star. Use a star shaped cookie cutter to cut stars out of pepperoni, eggplant ,salami, etc.
And use the trimmings to make pasta salad!

The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #12
Head Chef
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
And use the trimmings to make pasta salad!

When you cut out one star, you are cutting two, so you can use the inside and outside of each star!

salt and pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #13
Sous Chef
Thank you for all the suggestions! I think I'll make pizza this week and save a little dough for texting out after the kids are in bed. I'll be sure to post pictures of whatever I end up using for the party!
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #14
Honey Badger
Don't envy you today. I remember having to make and design a Spider Man cake. Couldn't find a cake mold. Did it all freehand.

Since your going to already have your hands full with kids. Is pre made ahead, frozen out of the question?

A simple bread dough recipe would work for the dough. Rolled out. Cut into stars as suggested already. Take the dough and place it on the back side of a muffin pan. Bake for a few minutes. You could even crimp the sides yourself. When they're cooled fill and freeze them. If one doesn't turn out tell the kids your lucky. You got the shooting star.

All you'll have to do is bake and serve.
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #15
Head Chef
If you pre-bake a round crust and cut out one large star you could use the trimmings to fashion a Ninjas star! Be sure to dock the dough to minimise the rise.

joesfolk is offline   Reply With Quote