ISO stores that carry Heinz Hamburger relish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyncooking

Assistant Cook
I live in Arizona and want to find out if there is any food store that carries Heinz Hamburger Relish. I grew up eating this relish but since moving from CT. I have not been able to locate this product. Can you help me? :cool:

This seems to have become a "lost condiment" that many of us grew up with ... and you are not the first to have been looking for it, here or elsewhere. Vanwingen asked basically the same question recently in the thread Heinz Hamburger Relish- Is it still made?

Although the Heinz website still list it as a product ... apparently many people haven't seen it on their store shelves for some time - and have been looking for it. The folks at Hometown Favorites have it listed as a product that they have confirmed is no longer in production.

I must admit that I noticed it was no longer on the shelves 2-3 years ago ... don't know what made me wax nostalgic and look for it after years of living without it ... probably about the time that I started looking for something another condiment gone the way of the dodo called "Brockles Sauce" (sp?) that I grew up with.

I have found it at the Safeways in northern AZ. Can't remember if I have seen it at a Frys or not. Where are you close to in AZ? I might be able to have a relative find it closer to you.

While I do remember Heinz Hamburger Relish, I switched over to plain Dill Relish without any problem & now don't even remember what their "Hamburger" relish tasted like.

Is it dilly? Sweet? Someone remind me.

BreezyCooking said:
While I do remember Heinz Hamburger Relish, I switched over to plain Dill Relish without any problem & now don't even remember what their "Hamburger" relish tasted like.

Is it dilly? Sweet? Someone remind me.

It's sort of like regular relish (green, sweet pickle relish) with ketchup/tomato mixed in. It's red in colour, not green, and very tasty.

Back
Top Bottom