ISO substitute for Light Corn Syrup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know, she lives in France, I live in Montana. She asked for suggestions for a corn syrup sub, that's what I gave her.

You certainly seem to be in a contrary mood today. Maybe you need a nap.

I don't know, she lives in France, I live in Montana. She asked for suggestions for a corn syrup sub, that's what I gave her.

You certainly seem to be in a contrary mood today. Maybe you need a nap.
I merely queried, rhetorically, whether she can get Lyle's Golden Syrup in France. It is actually possible that she can't otherwise she would probably have used it as it's commonly used in British recipes for gingerbread and she is, I believe British.

Why is that "contrary"?

Last edited:
I merely queried, rhetorically, whether she can get Lyle's Golden Syrup in France. It is actually possible that she can't otherwise she would probably have used it as it's commonly used in British recipes for gingerbread and she is, I believe British.

Why is that "contrary"?

Don't mind PF, she's suffering from extreme cold that's covering her/our part of the world right now. We are all suffereing a littel brain-freeze, every time we step outside, right P.F.?:wacko::-p

I think I need some Balderson cheese to make the world seem right again.;)

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Why is that "contrary"?

Well, yes, it's what we usually use in gingerbread but can she get it where she is?

I think it's the "well, yes, but" phrasing that sounds argumentative. It's almost like you're saying, why bother to make a suggestion if you don't know whether the OP can obtain it?

And guess what? We in North America may or may not know how you in England make gingerbread.

Last edited:
Yes it helps a lot actually. Always someone coming and going to / from the UK so I'll put it on my 'UK' shopping list. Thank you for that MC

I think it's the "well, yes, but" phrasing that sounds argumentative. It's almost like you're saying, why bother to make a suggestion if you don't know whether the OP can obtain it?

And guess what? We in North America may or may not know how you in England make gingerbread.

:wacko: Okay, this has gone far enough. Do I have to send all of you to your rooms? Keep it up and I will give you extra chores to do. Which one of you wants to wash down all the woodwork? And who wants to do the windows? :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom