Iso tnt egg-free bar cookie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sprout

Sous Chef
I have a bit of a tall order. I am supposed to make a giant sugar cookie for our children's Sunday school party on Saturday. I have one child in my class who is allergic to eggs. His parents told me that if I can't find a reasonable recipe, they can just bring him a different treat, but each class is going to decorate their cookie like a pizza, show it to the other classes, and then eat it. I would love to allow him to participate fully. I will also search online after I post this, but I hoped to find a recipe that someone had actually tried.

If I can't come up with anything, I will still need a good bar-style sugar cookie recipe. I'm not sure if my sugar cookie recipe will cook all the way through. Thanks!

Why don't you make it a shortbread cookie instead?
2 cups marg/butter
1 cup brown or white sugar
4 cups flour

Mix with your hands, I usually pat this flat into a standard cookie sheet and bake for 10 mins at 325.

You could roll this into a tube of waxed paper and cut rounds and bake them like cookies.

Alternately, you can substitute 1 tsp baking powder and tbsp water for an egg in a smaller recipe.

can you use one of the egg beaters products?

No, he's allergic to the egg whites. :( Thanks for the recipes merstar, I'll bookmark them for future use for class goodies. I think for this time, since it's designed to be baked in bar form, I'll go with Alix's shortbread suggestion. Great idea!

Back
Top Bottom