"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 06-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #21
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Hey Chopper, your coconut butter is the same as coconut oil, it is solid at room temp. If you leave it out in the summer it will turn to oil quickly.

I use it in my breakfast oatmeal, instead of butter. I have subbed it for butter or oil in cookies and brownies. I like a virgin coconut oil as it gives that coconut flavor to things. Yum!

I'll have to look at the Maranatha, I use their almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower butter...now that one is fun tasting!
I too love the almond butter, cashew butter, and sunflower butter in this brand. That is how I found this. I will need to just start experimenting. Oh goodie. I love experiments! Thanks!

Old 06-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #22
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
Various brands - I don't stick with any particular one but Blue Dragon comes to mind
ahh That's the same kind stuff I use, just a different brand. Mine has never been in a solid-ish block though ~ probably because I'm in the desert where it's predicted to get up to 118F in the next couple days! Often times there is some thicker cream that is on the top of the can though.

I love coconut. Glad to see that it's popular and that new research has bounced it back up so far as to be healthy again!

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Come to think of it, I used to buy something called cream of coconut in a can to make mixed drinks back in the day. We made piņa colatas (sp?). I'm thinking that tasted sweeter and had a creamy texture. The texture of the coconut butter is more gritty, and not sweet.

Tags
butter, coconut