"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 02-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #11
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Oh yes, tomatoes...Thanks Claire! Kinda like mentioning onions and garlic for me, it's a given to add tomatoes to soup!

Old 02-27-2012, 04:12 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

without reading previous posts (as instructed )

since there's a lot of flavour but very little meat, i'd make either a rice or soup dish to fill out the volume.

brown the sausage and chicken wing in evoo, add onions and sweat, toss in orzo to toast, add rice and chicken just enough chicken stock and cover until the rice cooks through.

or if you have more veggies, brown the meats and aromatics, sweat veggies, add a lot of stock, chopped greens (like kale) and cubed potatoes to make soup.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:36 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
without reading previous posts (as instructed )

since there's a lot of flavour but very little meat, i'd make either a rice or soup dish to fill out the volume.

brown the sausage and chicken wing in evoo, add onions and sweat, toss in orzo to toast, add rice and chicken just enough chicken stock and cover until the rice cooks through.

or if you have more veggies, brown the meats and aromatics, sweat veggies, add a lot of stock, chopped greens (like kale) and cubed potatoes to make soup.
I had a similar problem recently with a piece of bone with meat left over from trimming a pork shoulder. I did the thorough browning and onion part of the above + some coriander seeds. After the onions were quite limp, I added 1 1/2 cups of water and simmered until most of the water was gone, separated the meat from the bone, added 1/2 of 28 oz of diced plum tomatoes, oregano, hot red pepper flakes, and some fennel seeds, simmered for an hour, and then used the result with some grated locatelli as a topping for 8 oz of pasta.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #14
Head Chef

Add seafood of choice and make Paella.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #15
Wine Guy

What would I do with one chicken wing and a sausage? I guess that would be lunch and I'd fix something else for dinner.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Buy a piece of steak, lamb chop, pork chop, fry some onions, mushrooms and chips and you have a mixed grill
Old 02-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #17
Executive Chef

I would make... RESERVATIONS!
Old 02-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #18
Master Chef

Without reading anyone else's post, I'd go for browning the sausage until done through. I would also fry the chicken wing after seasoning it with oregano, black pepper, and salt. Iwould then make a small pot of beans (probably navy, black, or pinto beans), and season with curry, black pepper, garlic, and fresh onion. Slice the sausage into chunks and mix it in. Bone the chicken wing, chip, and mix it in. Let it all cook for about thirty minutes or so. Eat with buttered baguette and a glass of milk.

On another day, I'd probably go with cooked spaghetti or linguine noodles, dressed with EV00, garlic, a little white truffle oil, add saute'd mushrooms, basil, the cooked and sliced sausage, and the fried chicken wing. I might add a raw egg, and let the hot noodles cook it while I stir

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #19
Sous Chef

A sausage that can only fly in a circle...

Tags
chicken, sausage