"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 02-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
Executive Chef

ISO What to make with a chicken wing and a sausage

Here is one for you. I have accumulated a couple of things in my fridge over the last few days that didn't get cooked up for some reason. One raw chicken wing and one hot Italian fennel sausage. Without reading everybody else's posts, tell me what you would do with it. Looking forward to the responses.....

Old 02-25-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
Head Chef

So am I. A chicken wing and a sausage doesn't exactly meet my stomachs hunger needs.

On a positive note, I finally found where to buy chicken drummettes for frying. No wings, just mini chicken legs. Albertson's grocery store chain here in the USA stocks their own brand. Foster Farms stop selling just drummettes. I've nothing against wings, I just like deep frying up a bunch of mini chicken drum sticks.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Stew the chicken wing in water with onions, garlic, celery, just until cooked. Remove from the broth, peel the skin off, remove the meat and coarsely chop. Fry the sausage and drain. Add a can of rinsed beans to the broth, heat through, add the chicken, just before serving add in the fried sausage. Grate some Parmesan over the top and have some good bread to go with.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
Executive Chef

I'd throw away the chicken wing, cook the sausage, and then I'd nibble on the sausage and sip wine while I'm cooking dinner.

Or... I was thinking along the lines of Thai style stuffed chicken wings but couldn't really find any good recipe (Google: Thai stuffed chicken wings recipe) but anybody interested can click the link to see the search. First of all, nobody would cook just one chicken wing using this kind of recipe. When I've ordered this in Thai restaurants the wings are enormous! They start out deboning and I imagine they trim the chicken to get a lot more skin than your usual chop the wing off, and then they must stretch the skin or something. I've seen these stuffed wings big enough that two could make a full dinner serving. I'm tempted to try cooking them some day but it looks like way too much work!

You would of course debone the wing, chop up the meat and mix it with the sausage, then throw other stuff in (see the recipes) and then fry the whole thing.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
Half Baked

Pizza (cook the wing first)

On edit (cook them both before using)

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:42 AM   #6
Senior Cook

I would make an Italian fennel sausage rice pilaaf with chicken. Cook your chicken any way you want and then shred the meat from the bone and stir into your tasty rice pilaaf:) The heat and flavour from the sausage would really flavour the rice and with the addition of the chicken you have a hearty dish:) Not sure if it would work but that was the first thing that came to mind and sounded good as I was writing:))))
Old 02-26-2012, 02:59 AM   #7
Master Chef

A bartender once told me ya can't fly on one wing!

I am on track with PF, toss a handful of macaroni in her pot and call it Pasta Fagioli!
Old 02-26-2012, 04:11 AM   #8
Executive Chef

A chicken wing and a sausage=============Voodoooooooo
Old 02-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Sausage & Chicken Wing !

Well, a Chicken Ragu to serve over egg tagliatelli ... for one ...

@ Bolas: the chicken wing, for voo doo and the sausage, fry some bell pepper and onions, oven warm some bread; with a glass of red wine and crusty bread ... and a sprinkle of pecorino or parmesano ... a " hero " in English.

M.C.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #10
Master Chef

I'm with PrincessFiona. That's pretty much what I would do with it. I rarely throw food out. Never say never. But I'd probably add a can of tomatoes to the soup. Maybe a bit of wine. Like that tang.

Tags
chicken, sausage