ISO Your favorite flavored Olive Oil?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I have a 5-hour layover in Chicago. I'm going to stash my luggage in a locker and head on over to the Spice Shop and The Olde Oil Shop. I have room for 6 bottles of oil or vinegar...what are your favorite flavored Olive Oils / Vinegars? I already have Porcini OO, and Lime (but I might get another bottle--it is almost empty). I have cloudberry, basalmic (red and white), white wine, and red wine vinegars besides the usual. What is your favorite flavored OO and what is your favorite vinegar?

I always make my own garlic-and-basil infused oil lol. I use it on everything. yesterday I made some croutons with it and it taste great

Extra virgin olive oil with garlic, basil or a mixture of herbs, and black pepper.

The train was WAY late--I barely made my connection. There was a fatality ahead of our train (and the train ahead of us), so we sat outside of Cleveland waiting for it to clear. Never, ever try to outrun a train. But, I'll be in MN long enough to mail order olive oil and vinegar from The Olde Oil Shop--I just won't get to taste before I buy--help--which ones would you buy?

100% Extra Virgin Olive Oils | Aged Balsamic Vinegars | Imported Olive Oils | Flavored Oils And Vinegars | Olive Oil Gift Baskets | Shop Online :

I would get a small bottle of the best aged Balsamic I could afford. It is truly amazing. A few drops goes a long way.

I only use garlic infused olive oil and make it myself and in small batches usually only a couple of weeks at the time. I don't have room for everything I'd like to have so if I want other flavors I do them at time of cooking.

I always make my own garlic-and-basil infused oil lol. I use it on everything. yesterday I made some croutons with it and it taste great

I only use garlic infused olive oil and make it myself and in small batches usually only a couple of weeks at the time. I don't have room for everything I'd like to have so if I want other flavors I do them at time of cooking.
How do you 2 make your infused oils? Ahead to store and at time of use/cooking?

I heat the olive oil on medium low heat and add garlic cloves, or whatever flavor I want - heat for a few minutes and let the garlic or whatever stay in the oil until it cools enough to use or store for a short while. I've heard there is a problem with mold with some of the additions so I remove them and keep the oil. You can use the additions but I use them right away or toss if I'm not ready for them. Since I'm not as sophisticated in my taste as some, this suits me well. I only cook for the two of us most of the time.

I heat the olive oil on medium low heat and add garlic cloves, or whatever flavor I want - heat for a few minutes and let the garlic or whatever stay in the oil until it cools enough to use or store for a short while. I've heard there is a problem with mold with some of the additions so I remove them and keep the oil. You can use the additions but I use them right away or toss if I'm not ready for them. Since I'm not as sophisticated in my taste as some, this suits me well. I only cook for the two of us most of the time.
Thank you licia. Do you cook/brown the garlic or just kinda let it simmer till soft?

I just simmer it. The longer you leave it the stronger it gets, so I just let it sit a while even after I turn the heat off.

The train was WAY late--I barely made my connection. There was a fatality ahead of our train (and the train ahead of us), so we sat outside of Cleveland waiting for it to clear. Never, ever try to outrun a train. But, I'll be in MN long enough to mail order olive oil and vinegar from The Olde Oil Shop--I just won't get to taste before I buy--help--which ones would you buy?

100% Extra Virgin Olive Oils | Aged Balsamic Vinegars | Imported Olive Oils | Flavored Oils And Vinegars | Olive Oil Gift Baskets | Shop Online :

I love the citrus vinegars...would be wanting to try them all, but it looks like they only sell the one size. As for the oils, the Meyer Lemon sounds great!

Take a look at this link before you order:

Welcome to Oil & Vinegar

I go to this place, they have a store in our mall and have a much bigger selection.

Homemade garlic oil (or any oil infused with fresh herbs or vegetables) is a ripe environment for BOTULISM poisoning. Which is nothing to dismiss lightly.

Make sure you keep it in the fridge and throw it away after 10 to 14 days.

Back
Top Bottom