ISO your favorite potluck recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

txmom92

Assistant Cook
Hello i am new to this website and i am looking for a recipe or suggestion on something quick and easy to take to a pot luck for Mothers day? Can anyone please help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ham and potato casserole. Good call.
I'd go with that, too.

Tell us how it went!

Devilled eggs. Little Smokies in BBQ sauce; cocktail meatballs (you can buy them frozen) in grape jelly mixture; a dip mix of Hormel Chili and refried beans with cream cheese or Velveeta, all can be made and kept warm in the crockpot. Sloppy Joes. Fruit salad. Fruit skewers with cream cheese or caramel dip.

Last edited:
Buffalo Chicken Legs, Believe me they
39817-albums371-picture4634.jpg
go quick. And they are easy, fryed or baked.

Quick and easy always makes me think of maybe a salad. I expect a lot of people will bring heavier food, might be nice to have something lighter.

Personally I would sugest a mixture of your usual salad bits and bobs lettuce, cucumber maybe some bell peppers or shavings of carrot ect and then add nuts (walnuts usually good), feta cheese, grapes/raisins. It's cheap, easy, can't really get it wrong and if you grab two different dressing normally get two for a quid at the supermarket and just put the bottles by the side people can choose what they want. I would suggest maybe get a vinegar based on and an oil based on to cover your bases and everyone's happy. :)

Also i'm new two. Second post :)

Greetings and welcome, txmom and amazondebs.

Tx, how about a batch of brownies? It doesn't seem to matter how many brownies show up, they're nearly always welcome to the pot luck. Maybe a batch with nuts and one without nuts. Don't really even have to frost them, but that's a plus.

How about a 6 cup salad!

1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup mandarin orange segments, drained
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup green seedless grapes
1 cup sour cream
1 cup white miniature marshmallows

Dump, stir, refrigerate!

Mix it up 3 or 4 hours before serving time so the marshmallows dissolve into the salad.

my most often requested dishes for pot luck are crock pot pulled pork, meatballs and sausages in tomato sauce, manhattan clam chowder, or turkey or chicken sausages and peppers.

i can give a recipe for any of these, or point to their oosting if you're interested.

the easiest is the crock pot pulled pork, and there's never any left.

This time of year, I'd take a big platter of washed fresh strawberries ready to be dipped into a bowl of whipped cream cheese mixed with an equal amount of marshmallow cream, that can be found in a jar at the grocery. The combo is perfect and not too sweet. The platter looks impressive and couldn't be easier.

mmm, that sounds great, k-l. the cheese must cut the sweetness if the marshmallow and give it body.

i'm going to try that soon. strawberry season will be upon us here in the mid-atlantic shortly, due to a cool but dry spring.

My favs are Loaded potatoes casserole and my jello salad
Loaded Potatoes casserole (make double cause they go fast !)
2 (16oz) containers sour cream
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 (3oz) bags real bacon bits (not bacos )
2 packages Ranch Dip mix
1 large (28 - 30oz) bag frozen hash brown potatoes - shredded kind
Combine first 4 ingredients, mix in hash browns.
Spread into a 9x13 pan. Bake at 400 for 45-60 minutes.

Jello Salad

1 large container of small curd cottage cheese (even people that don't love this salad)
1 large container of cool whip
1 lg pkg jello ( I mostly use strawberry or orange)
mix them together then add
1 lg can of chunk pineapple drained well
1 -2 lag cans of mandarin oranges well drained.
refrigerate several hours to set.
I like more fruit so I add 2 of each but you decide.
I put pineapple rings with a cherry in the middle and mandarin slices on top to garnish.

a hint on salads taking to keep cool
before making your salad take a bowl that the bowl your are going to make your salad in will fit in. put water in the bottom one place the salad bowl in it and freeze it. after frozen take the salad bowl out make your salad and when ready to go to your function take your bowl of ice with you and then set your salad bowl in it and it will still stay cold.

mmm, that sounds great, k-l. the cheese must cut the sweetness if the marshmallow and give it body.

i'm going to try that soon. strawberry season will be upon us here in the mid-atlantic shortly, due to a cool but dry spring.

Give this one a try, too.

2c heavy cream
1/2c sugar
3TBS balsamic vinegar

Whip on medium speed 4-5 minutes :yum:

Decadent.
The sugar really balances out the balsamic vinegar.

Back
Top Bottom