Issues with slow cooker??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know it's the belief that using before the expiration date isn't necessary. However, I know for a fact that cornstarch looses it's thickening property if it's too old.

Last edited:
Welcome to DC, Bear family!

My question has to do with the chicken. Is there any chance that the chicken you were using with success did not have any water added to *ahem* "enhance the chicken"? And now the chicken you are buying has the added water/broth? I've become diligent in chicken label-reading for just that notation. "Up to 15% broth" means a lot more liquid in the final result. Also means you paid $$$ for 15% salty water. :glare:

Welcome to DC, Bear family!

My question has to do with the chicken. Is there any chance that the chicken you were using with success did not have any water added to *ahem* "enhance the chicken"? And now the chicken you are buying has the added water/broth? I've become diligent in chicken label-reading for just that notation. "Up to 15% broth" means a lot more liquid in the final result. Also means you paid $$$ for 15% salty water. :glare:
Good point CG. Sometimes brands change their ingredients. The same brand of chicken that worked can suddenly stop working, if they start adding the water. I have been caught by this phenomenon with other foods.

Here I am wondering if the crock pot has begun cooking at lower temps. Mechanical malfunction should be considered.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom