"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 01-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #111
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by moiki85 View Post
Hi Cara. I'm completely Italian (so sorry for my bad English). That isn't a correct order. Onto the pasta, let's put the red sauce (bolognese) and after the bechamel sauce. Then pasta, red sauce and bechamel sauce and so on.
That's what I meant, so my english probably isn't much better than your good english ;o)

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:16 AM   #112
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
That's what I meant, so my english probably isn't much better than your good english ;o)

I've lived in the US all my life and English is my only language, and mine is far from perfect! I commend anyone from other countries who can speak English. I have corrected Cat, only because I knew she was studying English and asked for our help.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #113
Assistant Cook

I know that my English isn't good but I didn't study it at school. Now I trying to study very well. For that I write in the forum. I like so much to cook. For this I study English and, at the same time, I try to give you some Italian cook advices.
I'm sorry.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #114
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Do not be sorry! Your English is understandable. By posting here you can see how we put sentences together and learn. We enjoy teaching.

And your Italian is much better than mine :)
Old 01-15-2014, 03:08 PM   #115
Master Chef

Quote:
I know that my English isn't good but I didn't study it at school. Now I trying to study very well. For that I write in the forum. I like so much to cook. For this I study English and, at the same time, I try to give you some Italian cook advices.
I'm sorry.
who says your english isn't good? I'm currently learning italian at an adult education center and I thought for avery very small moment to write something in Italian, but there wouldn't be any more than where I come from and maybe something about my hobbies.. ;o)

In Germany you have to learn english and in most schools (depends on the school form -> German education system) you learn a second foreign language from the 7th grade. When I was younger most learned french, I was one of the few to learn Latin (Ave Addie!), in these days spanish is very popular..
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 01-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #116
Master Chef

Quote:
I'm sorry.
Sorry? Nothing to be sorry for moiki. Even life-long natives have trouble with American English. And I'm thankful for Italian cooking advice, or any kind of advice. No matter how long any of us cook or how proficient we might think we are, everyone can learn a little something new now and then. Glad you're here.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #117
Master Chef

Quote:
I'm sorry.

You are fine. And your English is fine. Look I am Russian, been in this country for 24 years now. Still can barely spell. Addie has to correct me all the time, thanks Addie.

On the other hand I have to say, I love Italian language and Italy of course. The whole language is like a one big beautiful song.
Just post away and look at peoples comments, if you wish you can ask people to correct what you post. That is what I used to do. Helps.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:22 PM   #118
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post

On the other hand I have to say, I love Italian language and Italy of course. The whole language is like a one big beautiful song.
sooo well said!!
Old 01-17-2014, 06:33 AM   #119
Assistant Cook

Thank you so much! If you want, you can correct me. I'll be glad! Tomorrow I post few white sauce recipes for pasta.
If you want know a specific recipe, you can tell me and I post that. ;-)
Old 01-17-2014, 01:46 PM   #120
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
In the southern US (maybe elsewhere also) they make a sausage/bread stuffing for stuffing a turkey with.
In fact I have made it myself, by adding cooked sausage to my regular stuffing. It seems to taste good with the bird, so i suppose without the bread it would taste good too :)
I add breakfast type bulk sausage to my bread stuffing/dressing. Italian is great too.
I use cornbread sometimes and use the same recipe/idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
A true bechamel would be a meat sauce with tomato and cream.
Typo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyema View Post
If it contains cheese or eggs its not béchamel sauce.
Béchamel sauce is white sauce, made from butter and flour and milk. Seasoned with salt and pepper and often nutmeg.
If you add cheese, it's called Mornay Sauce. If you add eggs it's something else.
I learn terminology every time I come here. Thanks.

Quote:
Hi Cara. I'm completely Italian (so sorry for my bad English). That isn't a correct order. Onto the pasta, let's put the red sauce (bolognese) and after the bechamel sauce. Then pasta, red sauce and bechamel sauce and so on.
I have never tried the bechamel sauce on lasagna. I rarely make this dish as it takes a lot of time and effort.
But I am going to try the bechamel. And always finish the top with bechamel?

Quote:
I'm sorry.
Let me tell you something. You are fantastic with you're English. Not only do you speak English, you can write in English.
I tip my hat to you, and look forward to more ideas from you.

Quote:
Thank you so much! If you want, you can correct me. I'll be glad! Tomorrow I post few white sauce recipes for pasta.
If you want know a specific recipe, you can tell me and I post that. ;-)
I'm waiting!

Tags
cook, cooking, italian