Italian Cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do most people like ground beef in their sauce? Laki makes hers with hamburger and Carl's mom does also. Mamma uses the Italian sausage and veal in hers and that's where I got that idea.
With love,
~Cat

Here in the deep south, spaghetti is meat sauce over spaghetti pasta.
Personally I prefer homemade meatballs or Italian sausage.

When my wife and I first met, she made spaghetti. She called me at work and asked if I wanted sausage or meat sauce. I immediately said sausage as I have had southern style spaghetti before...:rolleyes:
When I got home I was surprised with a pot of bottled sauce and a package of those little smoked wienies they wrap with dough. :ermm: :ROFLMAO:
Shes still my darling!!!!

When my wife and I first met, she made spaghetti. She called me at work and asked if I wanted sausage or meat sauce. I immediately said sausage as I have had southern style spaghetti before...:rolleyes:
When I got home I was surprised with a pot of bottled sauce and a package of those little smoked wienies they wrap with dough. :ermm: :ROFLMAO:

:wub: It must be love! :angel:

That is so sweet! How did it taste?

With love,
~Cat

Don't forget that Italian goes way beyond red sauce/gravy. Gnocchi, risotto and carpaccio, just to mention a few.

Don't forget that Italian goes way beyond red sauce/gravy. Gnocchi, risotto and carpaccio, just to mention a few.

So true! Southern and Northern Italy foods are so far apart. One makes their lasagna with red gravy and the other white sauce. One eats potatoes, the other doesn't. And Sicily? All in a world of their own. :angel:

That's one of the fun things about reading through a book like The Silver Spoon - the amazing variety that is so rarely seen in most of the US.

PF I don't know if you watch her show, but she came to this country as a DP (Displaced Person). The Catholic Charities brought them to this country after they fled communism in northern Italy. Throughout her series she has shared her story and shows pictures of when she was a little girl during WWII. He mother now lives with her and often appears on her show. Her son is partners with Mario Batalli and a wine expert. Her daughter studied European Art History and often appears on her show also.

They actually fled communism in Yugoslavia; that area was part of Italy during WWII but became part of Yugoslavia after the war. Also, Lidia was born in 1947, so she wasn't born yet when WWII ended.

She's 66, or will be this year, so I'm guessing her mother is probably around 86.

When I tell folks I will be 75 in March I get a lot of, "Wow, you're that old?" Did they think I would stay 30 forever? :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom